Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298638)

Kassidy73 May 25 2011 09:41 PM

I haven't figured out how to use my 4X4 when hired for multiple jobs. The icon isn't showing up for me. Little help????? Thanks.

Taz D May 25 2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassidy73 (Post 4666462)
I haven't figured out how to use my 4X4 when hired for multiple jobs. The icon isn't showing up for me. Little help????? Thanks.

For multiple hire jobs you will need to go to the Extended Toolbox (yellow toolbox above map) to find them. This is the same place you find your facility manager.

JAS0643 May 28 2011 06:49 PM

I have never liked when someone left me a message asking to plow, but I accepted it before the multiple hire came into the game because they couldn't visit other farms to see if we where there. Now that the multiple hire is in the game and has been for a while now there is no need to leave people a message asking to plow, if they want you to plow they will hire you to harvest and plow at the same time.

Violet Blooms Jul 21 2011 08:34 PM

Farmers with tools Vs Farmers without tools

We now have a place to hire and work and a place to sell. I think we need to have a "with tools" and "without tools" work areas. It gets frustrating for farmers who are in a hurry to wait for harvesters without tools. The farmers go and hire someone with tools who totally blows away the harvester without tools. This causes bad feelings. This could be avoided if the farmers could choose the type of harvesters they want from the start. Some farmers list their tools with their avatar name. That is pretty cumbersome. Maybe a function could be added that would display a farmer's tools when you click on their avatar.

I love Farm Town ....I think the game just keeps getting better! Thanks!

Hornyroo Jul 21 2011 08:56 PM

i like the idea of an icon to show who has what.. would be a nice way of quitely selecting exactly what u want, ive found though since i have my combine/plower/harvester/seeder, i no longer need to to use the market place..

pythonis Jul 21 2011 09:38 PM

im the same way but sometimes i like to think of the lesser people and offer them work. That is, of course, until i see them begging in the market. I swear its like some people seem to be running some sort of "auto-beg" program.

max_river Jul 21 2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pythonis (Post 4763766)
im the same way but sometimes i like to think of the lesser people and offer them work. That is, of course, until i see them begging in the market. I swear its like some people seem to be running some sort of "auto-beg" program.

i like that one auto beg and it is so true. i will not hire when they do that

pythonis Jul 21 2011 10:00 PM

Ive actually had people in the market ask me where to get "auto-beg".

max_river Jul 21 2011 10:29 PM

lol no way

supertrucker Jul 21 2011 11:26 PM

while i can understand the frustration involved in hiring someone who has no tools (i've been on both sides of this, having spent many hours working for others, with no tools of my own, and doing so after i acquired some tools), it's just a game! if you are in that much of a hurry that you absolutely MUST hire someone with the biggest tools available, maybe you should be taking a pill or 2, stepping away from the computer, or going outside --- you know, that wide-open space on the other side of your front door, with street lights, cars, other people?!?... the tools are nice, but they don't allow you to actually interact with the person who hired you, since you're in and out in nothing flat... breathe in, click, breathe out... breathe in, move mouse, breathe out... alternate 'click' and 'move mouse' with every inhale/exhale cycle, you'll feel so much better...