Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 30th, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630086)

Aussie Rae Jul 18 2017 09:44 AM

I'm back in, :) now to go to bed!! Lol

StoneFace Jul 18 2017 09:59 AM

back in business at both accounts.

Thanks much

bjyhey3 Jul 18 2017 11:21 AM

This is new and very annoying...how can I get rid of Facebook.apps.com's notices that want me to "leave page" or "stay on page" every time I want to change pages. It only happens on FT.
Sorry but I don't know where else to put this question as it started with the new update

Taz D Jul 18 2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjyhey3 (Post 6177194)
This is new and very annoying...how can I get rid of Facebook.apps.com's notices that want me to "leave page" or "stay on page" every time I want to change pages. It only happens on FT.
Sorry but I don't know where else to put this question as it started with the new update

Hi bjyhey,
That usually means you started a chat message and didn't send it of commented on a post and didn't complete it. That is a Facebook item and nothing Farm Town can do about it.

maggiel29 Jul 18 2017 11:37 AM

Everything seems fine display wise now - for example my trees are now behind the clouds again. Is the progress bar on the ship containers being prepared a new thing. Only just noticed it - great idea.

bjyhey3 Jul 18 2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6177198)
Hi bjyhey,
That usually means you started a chat message and didn't send it of commented on a post and didn't complete it. That is a Facebook item and nothing Farm Town can do about it.

Thanks Taz, I'll look into it

JAXDAW Jul 18 2017 02:01 PM

I've tried several browsers, updated flash - still cannot post facility or client request for my neighbors to help

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAXDAW (Post 6177234)
I've tried several browsers, updated flash - still cannot post facility or client request for my neighbors to help

Hi JAXDAW :)

What happens when you try?

max_river Jul 18 2017 02:24 PM

when are they going to have the water issues fix i can not do any fishing i running out of fish

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6177258)
when are they going to have the water issues fix i can not do any fishing i running out of fish

Hi max_river :)

Which is your issue with the water items? can you explain it please?

Palmarina Jul 18 2017 02:38 PM

:confused: Hi is there a problem with posting belt bonus requests? For my farm 6 bonus requests showed up but there was no possibility to post them on my timeline :confused:

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6177274)
:confused: Hi is there a problem with posting belt bonus requests? For my farm 6 bonus requests showed up but there was no possibility to post them on my timeline :confused:

Hi Palmarina :)

We are having problems posting facilities and ingredients requests. I couldnt check about bonuses.

I sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Snookie Sue Jul 18 2017 02:51 PM

Can't post facilities!

OH no! - no problems yesterday but can't today :( :( :(

Palmarina Jul 18 2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6177278)
Hi Palmarina :)

We are having problems posting facilities and ingredients requests. I couldnt check about bonuses.

I sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Thank you. I noticed that other farmers had this problem too.

max_river Jul 18 2017 02:53 PM

None of my river ponds and see coast are not showing up. my fish are showing in the farm stats as being ready

max_river Jul 18 2017 02:55 PM

they just came back not sure what happen

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6177294)
None of my river ponds and see coast are not showing up. my fish are showing in the farm stats as being ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6177298)
they just came back not sure what happen

So glad it is solved max :)

bruhelmboldt Jul 18 2017 03:23 PM

Unable to post requests for assistance with facilities or clients. No popup window.

Using FireFox. USA left coast.

Taz D Jul 18 2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt (Post 6177330)
Unable to post requests for assistance with facilities or clients. No popup window.

Using FireFox. USA left coast.

Hi bruhelmboldt,
This has been reported to the developers and we are waiting on word back from them.

Cherry's Farm Jul 18 2017 04:24 PM

I am having trouble with trying to post facility requests this morning. Request for help box comes up but it just flicks and disappears without any request appearing on my page or FT wall.

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6177386)
I am having trouble with trying to post facility requests this morning. Request for help box comes up but it just flicks and disappears without any request appearing on my page or FT wall.

Hi Cherry's Farm :)

We are all having the same problem. We sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

BarbLH Jul 18 2017 05:13 PM

For those who can't post their facilities: I found that I was able to post my facilities & clients by posting yesterday's links in my STATUS. The first post (facilities) I pasted the link & the pic of the facility appeared. I removed the link (who wants to see all that?), then posted successfully. I did the same thing for clients. My friends have been able to work my facilities. This won't work for bonuses & ingredients but if your facilities links aren't very old this is a workaround for you

Update: You can also Share your facilities posts if the links aren't too old.

marymarcel Jul 18 2017 05:41 PM

Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Known Issues:

- None of the posts to facebook walls are currently working, this appears to be a facebook issue, we are currently considering possible workarounds.

kejusa Jul 19 2017 09:11 AM

Does the above problems also affect the FarmTown Wall Requests? All the requests showing on my Wall are 19 hours or older which includes offers' expired!
Thank you

Tiger Jul 19 2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6177710)
Does the above problems also affect the FarmTown Wall Requests? All the requests showing on my Wall are 19 hours or older which includes offers' expired!
Thank you

Hi Kejusa,

Yes, when the problem occurred it stopped the posts going to wall requests as well.

kejusa Jul 19 2017 09:40 AM

Thank you Tiger, I read someone's suggestion about reposting yesterday's requests whereby you 'share' your posts - I have done that cos as I see it the NCC scores are going to be drastically affected too.

mastermouse Jul 19 2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejusa (Post 6177730)
Thank you Tiger, I read someone's suggestion about reposting yesterday's requests whereby you 'share' your posts - I have done that cos as I see it the NCC scores are going to be drastically affected too.

you can still work facilities from the old posts that are still on the farmtown wall. So you can work the posts that are 20 hours old up to 1 day old. The 2 day old posts are not workable. Once those posts turn to 2 days they arent workable

Qivis Jul 19 2017 10:49 AM

One of the non-Slashkey cooking games let me post yesterday about the time we stopped being able to post from Farm Town, but with the caveat that I check my wall and then tell them "no. this is not spam!" My guess is that Facebook suddenly has decided we are a spamming group and to not even give us a chance to report that they are blocking legitimate posts, but blocks them instantly.

After making the bonus post from the cooking game I mentioned and telling Facebook they were mistaken about it being spam, a message for my eyes only appeared above the post itself reading "Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback will help us improve detection. We block posts that look like spam according to our Community Guidelines." Perhaps it would be helpful to Raul and Co. if this information is passed along to him, but since I am not a moderator and just a survey group member it would be best if it came from one of y'all!

esther246 Jul 19 2017 11:30 AM

Can we have an update on the wall posting

Tiger Jul 19 2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esther246 (Post 6177794)
Can we have an update on the wall posting

Hi esther246,

Keep an eye on Raul's notes in the first post on the first page. Any updates he does he posts them in that post.

Texas Belle Jul 19 2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6177018)
test version of the game (10) released July 18th, 5:30AM EST

Hi Raul,

This version has resolved all my display issues. I no longer have rotated waters or fences/trees slipping under other items.

yes, that was fixed, still slow after the frame that says display, takes a while to think what its supposed to display.. another thing just today, can't post, anything else new?

Texas Belle Jul 19 2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6177390)
Hi Cherry's Farm :)

We are all having the same problem. We sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Great, glad I am not the only one with this issue, thought maybe it was because of the testing version... thanks Mary

marymarcel Jul 19 2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Belle (Post 6177850)
Great, glad I am not the only one with this issue, thought maybe it was because of the testing version... thanks Mary

Hi Texas Belle :)

It is affecting all of us, no matter if we are on the test version or not. And it seems other games on facebook also had the same problem.

The last news we have is the note Raul posted yesterday

Known Issues:

- None of the posts to facebook walls are currently working, this appears to be a facebook issue, we are currently considering possible workarounds.

GoalieAunt Jul 19 2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6177198)
Hi bjyhey,

Just an FYI, the "leave page" or "stay on page" messages appear whenever you want to switch pages in FT when using the Puffin browser on your phone. Since I only use Puffin for FT and not for FB stuff, I'm sure it's just how Puffin want to handle things now. :) Annoying but I can live with it in order to be able to farm away from home.

roz1972 Jul 19 2017 02:14 PM

out of interest i use puffin on my phone for farm town but only works on wifi now , do you have the same problem ...i miss being able to send peoples ships on when away from home

Taz D Jul 19 2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalieAunt (Post 6177890)
Just an FYI, the "leave page" or "stay on page" messages appear whenever you want to switch pages in FT when using the Puffin browser on your phone. Since I only use Puffin for FT and not for FB stuff, I'm sure it's just how Puffin want to handle things now. :) Annoying but I can live with it in order to be able to farm away from home.

Hi GoalieAunt,
Even though you only have Puffin open for your farms it is still a Facebook page. The items over in the far right are from Facebook and Facebook determines the layout of the page.

beverduster Jul 19 2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6177790)
One of the non-Slashkey cooking games let me post yesterday about the time we stopped being able to post from Farm Town, but with the caveat that I check my wall and then tell them "no. this is not spam!" My guess is that Facebook suddenly has decided we are a spamming group and to not even give us a chance to report that they are blocking legitimate posts, but blocks them instantly.

After making the bonus post from the cooking game I mentioned and telling Facebook they were mistaken about it being spam, a message for my eyes only appeared above the post itself reading "Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback will help us improve detection. We block posts that look like spam according to our Community Guidelines." Perhaps it would be helpful to Raul and Co. if this information is passed along to him, but since I am not a moderator and just a survey group member it would be best if it came from one of y'all!

qivis., facebook shut off my credit card, sayin it was spam it took me amonth to get them to turn it back on, told yhem since this was such level, above my head, i gave them my lawyers fone number and told them to explain it to him
got it sback on during the night when i was sleepin

FarmersWife1965 Jul 19 2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalieAunt (Post 6177890)

GoalieAunt....we can farm from our phones when we are away from our computers? I never knew that! How do you do it?

Taz D Jul 19 2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmersWife1965 (Post 6178022)
GoalieAunt....we can farm from our phones when we are away from our computers? I never knew that! How do you do it?

Hi Farmerswife,
You can if you have a browser on your phone that has Flash player built into it, such as Puffin. There are many things you won't be able to do because oif the size of the screen though.

Tom C Jul 19 2017 11:22 PM

I was just able to post Facilities