Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 21st, 2019 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641410)

Taz D May 28 2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storm36 (Post 6303106)
cant buy super facility products from my neighbors regardless if buying directly from their offers or from their trading warehouse, all i get is a message stating "this farmer no longer has any of this item to sell at the moment" the 24 time frame has not expired on those i am trying to buy from as they are all from the US and it is currently 10:17 pm EST at the time of this post.

Hi Storm,
That means exactly what it says. Someone else has already bought that product and it just has not cleared from the Trading warehouse. The developers are aware that this is not clearing and working on the problem.

Aussie Rae May 28 2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6303110)
Hi Storm,
That means exactly what it says. Someone else has already bought that product and it just has not cleared from the Trading warehouse. The developers are aware that this is not clearing and working on the problem.

thanks Taz, having the same issue but glad to know its being worked on now so won't stress over it, I just wish more people would visit the forum and at least read the updates... so many are totally clueless when it comes to how ft works unfortunately, :) thanks again... :)

WendyP57 May 28 2019 11:36 PM

from the first post: 3. Trading Warehouse to trade products offline with farmers: Currently, the Trading Warehouse can only be used to sell Super Facility products offline to any farmer that have you as a neighbour.
Should the word "offline" be "online"?. I tried selling both ways, myself offline, or selling to offline neighbours. I get the message that I need to be online, or that the neighbour I am trying to sell to doesn't appear to be online at the moment.

Taz D May 28 2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyP57 (Post 6303126)
from the first post: 3. Trading Warehouse to trade products offline with farmers: Currently, the Trading Warehouse can only be used to sell Super Facility products offline to any farmer that have you as a neighbour.
Should the word "offline" be "online"?. I tried selling both ways, myself offline, or selling to offline neighbours. I get the message that I need to be online, or that the neighbour I am trying to sell to doesn't appear to be online at the moment.

Hi WendyP,
When they are saying offline they are not talking about clicking oin the avatar and selling directly to any neighbor. They are referring to adding the products to the list in your Trading Warehouse, so others can buy from you even if you are offline. And you can buy from them by going to their Trading Warehouse even if they are offline and buy from there.

Please check the Game Guide chapter 10 on Buying/Selling/Trading. There are pictures in that chapter that will help you understand it.

WendyP57 May 29 2019 12:03 AM

thanks Taz. I was getting confused between buying or selling offline, my brain was only wired into the 'selling' offline :)

debhurst51 May 29 2019 07:47 AM

Love love new stuff

I love all the new stuff but I'm sure I'm not the only one irritated with how long it takes to get anywhere near 50% much less 100% on the Lamp Factory.

marymarcel May 29 2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debhurst51 (Post 6303174)
I love all the new stuff but I'm sure I'm not the only one irritated with how long it takes to get anywhere near 50% much less 100% on the Lamp Factory.

Hi debhurst51 :)

Please check the ingredients needed for the Lamp Factory. You will see that the Lamp socket is made in the same factory and is needed to start production for the other lamps.

You need to have a good stock of Lamp socket before starting producion for the other lamps and then you will be able to fill the factory to 100%

storm36 May 29 2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6303110)
Hi Storm,

Taz,
Sorry i didnt see your reply until now .... the neighbor i was trying to buy from was on my farm with me (direct sell not using the trading warehouse), she and I meet every day on my farm at a specific time, i was the first neighbor she was selling to and her SF was showing the item was available, she hasnt tried using the trading warehouse as of yet. we both refreshed our windows, cleared cookies and cache and used memcache to see if we were then able to buy the product we each were offering but we both were getting the same message regardless of which of our products we tried offering.

i was however able to later buy from another neighbors trading warehouse but only after she showed as being online (green dot), i was not able to buy from any of my offline neighbors that have a beige dot as i would get the same message as i did from the neighbor who was trying to sell products to me on my farm.

Taz D May 29 2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storm36 (Post 6303386)
Taz,
Sorry i didnt see your reply until now .... the neighbor i was trying to buy from was on my farm with me (direct sell not using the trading warehouse), she and I meet every day on my farm at a specific time, i was the first neighbor she was selling to and her SF was showing the item was available, she hasnt tried using the trading warehouse as of yet. we both refreshed our windows, cleared cookies and cache and used memcache to see if we were then able to buy the product we each were offering but we both were getting the same message regardless of which of our products we tried offering.

i was however able to later buy from another neighbors trading warehouse but only after she showed as being online (green dot), i was not able to buy from any of my offline neighbors that have a beige dot as i would get the same message as i did from the neighbor who was trying to sell products to me on my farm.

Hi Storm,
As I said the developers are aware of the problems and are working on it.

Fireball May 30 2019 05:04 PM

For some reason I just don't get the Super Warehouse. This week in my super facility I have the winery yet when I go to the market (my only option) to sell I cannot pull up the winery to sell any of the products. Therefore I cannot load anything in my super warehouse. I know the step that I am missing is a simple one but I must admit I have brain freeze ....or?? You can fill in the blank. Please help me out.

Taz D May 30 2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 6303542)
For some reason I just don't get the Super Warehouse. This week in my super facility I have the winery yet when I go to the market (my only option) to sell I cannot pull up the winery to sell any of the products. Therefore I cannot load anything in my super warehouse. I know the step that I am missing is a simple one but I must admit I have brain freeze ....or?? You can fill in the blank. Please help me out.

Hi Fireball,
Do you understand the Super Facility? It is explained it Game Guide chapter 13 with pictures:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641262

For the Trading Warehouse you can find information on how it works in the Game Gude chapter 10:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641534

Abbie Dale May 30 2019 06:43 PM

Flash

Hi I am just wondering what the future of this game is. I have read that Adobe Flash will not be available after 2020. Without Flash this game will not work :(

marymarcel May 30 2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie Dale (Post 6303554)
Hi I am just wondering what the future of this game is. I have read that Adobe Flash will not be available after 2020. Without Flash this game will not work :(

Hi Abbie :)

You can read information about Flash in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630678

Fireball May 31 2019 12:33 PM

Taz, I have read everything about my Super Facility and the Trading Warehouse. You did not answer my question as to where I can find the winery products which is the facility in my Super Facility as to how it relates to the Trading warehouse. It does NOT give me an option to sell these products at the market in the drop down menu. If it does I just don't know haw to access it. I have been playing 10 years now and this is the only time I have a problem with Farm Town. I get the message for the Trading Warehouse that I have no products to sell.

Taz D May 31 2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 6303634)
Taz, I have read everything about my Super Facility and the Trading Warehouse. You did not answer my question as to where I can find the winery products which is the facility in my Super Facility as to how it relates to the Trading warehouse. It does NOT give me an option to sell these products at the market in the drop down menu. If it does I just don't know haw to access it. I have been playing 10 years now and this is the only time I have a problem with Farm Town. I get the message for the Trading Warehouse that I have no products to sell.

Hi Fireball,
It does give you an option to sell from Super Facility. When click on their avatar to sell the top line is Category. The bottom item in that list is Super Facility Products. When you change to that you can then select one of the products and the price you want to sell it at all the way down to free.
For the Trading Warehouse it is in your toolbox in the far left column below the ship. For that you just choose a box to create a sale offer. It will automatically list the products you have from your Super Facility as those are currently the only things you can sell from the warehouse.
To have products for the super facility and trading warehouse, you will have to have started production in your wineries through the facility manager.

Taz D May 31 2019 06:07 PM

Firefox version 67 is now working for gifts. This was fixed by Facebook this afternoon.

Edge is still not working completely and Facebook is still looking into this.

dnreynolds May 31 2019 09:28 PM

Edge/gifts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6303662)
Firefox version 67 is now working for gifts. This was fixed by Facebook this afternoon.

Edge is still not working completely and Facebook is still looking into this.

Taz I had reported the gift issue using the Edge browser .. I tried it tonight after your above post, and I was able again to return gifts. Still cannot initiate a send gift . but happy to be able to return gifts. Thanks for your help. :)

Taz D Jun 02 2019 01:25 PM

Update

Raul has posted the following update on the Trading Warehouse:
Post Release Updates - June 2nd, 2:00PM

- BugFix: Added back the buying limit information to the top of the offer screen when selling products

Trading Warehouse updates:

a) After creating an offer to sell a Super Facility product X, if later on you sold the same product X directly to one of your neighbours in your neighbour bar, the original offer remained open even when there was no stock to back the offer

b) When creating offers sometimes the quantity in storage for Super Facility products was out of date

c) When creating an offer the markup you set is remembered when creating the next offer

d) When visiting other farmers Trading Warehouses, after buying a Super Facility product the beige dot in the neighbour bar for the seller neighbour will disappear

Cherry's Farm Jun 02 2019 06:22 PM

The Super Facility is not working this morning NZ time. Normall it would have finished overnight Sunday and I would have the choice to select a new facility for the week. However when I select the TW icon in the tools it still shows last weeks Rubber but not able to upload as it is finished. When selecting Super Facility in the Facility Manager drop down menu nothing shows as last weeks is finished. I see there have been some fixes applied to the Trader Warehouse so maybe there is a new glitch

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8150&farm_ix=0

Taz D Jun 02 2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6303890)
The Super Facility is not working this morning NZ time. Normall it would have finished overnight Sunday and I would have the choice to select a new facility for the week. However when I select the TW icon in the tools it still shows last weeks Rubber but not able to upload as it is finished. When selecting Super Facility in the Facility Manager drop down menu nothing shows as last weeks is finished. I see there have been some fixes applied to the Trader Warehouse so maybe there is a new glitch

Hi Cherry,
Did you start your new super facility in the Super Facility icon in the far left column under the Trading Warehouse? You do have to Update it there first before you start any products in that facility through the facility manager. You can not update the super facility in the trade warehouse.

Cherry's Farm Jun 02 2019 07:07 PM

Hi, yes I tried to start it by going to the TW icon in the Facility Manager as I mentioned above. It is still showing the old one on the old pane offering me to update the old rubber without the usual completed/finished information about how many I gained etc. It is just sitting there like an inactive pane. I will close FT and open again, did that, didn't help.
I have collected goods from another TW so that still works.

Taz D Jun 02 2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6303906)
Hi, yes I tried to start it by going to the TW icon in the Facility Manager as I mentioned above. It is still showing the old one on the old pane offering me to update the old rubber without the usual completed/finished information about how many I gained etc. It is just sitting there like an inactive pane. I will close FT and open again, did that, didn't help.
I have collected goods from another TW so that still works.

Hi Cherry,
You must start/update the super facility in the MY Super Facility icon in the Toolbox in the far left column under the Trading Warehouse and above the Facility Chains Icon. You can not start the new facility in the Trading Warehouse or the Facility Manager.

Cherry's Farm Jun 02 2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6303910)
Hi Cherry,
You must start/update the super facility in the MY Super Facility icon in the Toolbox in the far left column under the Trading Warehouse and above the Facility Chains Icon. You can not start the new facility in the Trading Warehouse or the Facility Manager.

Yes, I have tried to start a new one but whenever I open the Traders Warehouse icon to do that it still shows the old one and wont complete or show me the pane to start a new one. It is just stuck. I have cleared memcache.

Taz D Jun 02 2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6303930)
Yes, I have tried to start a new one but whenever I open the Traders Warehouse icon to do that it still shows the old one and wont complete or show me the pane to start a new one. It is just stuck. I have cleared memcache.

Hi Cherry,
It is not in the Trading Warehouse. Open the icon just below that called My Super Facility.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...r Facility.PNG

Note the title of this is My Super Facility, not Trading Warehouse.

Cherry's Farm Jun 02 2019 07:50 PM

I apologize, I am being a bit dim this morning, my brain is on holiday along with our week and I didn't register what you were saying. Of course it is the Super Facility icon as you say. Thanks for your patience.

Taz D Jun 02 2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry's Farm (Post 6303938)
I apologize, I am being a bit dim this morning, my brain is on holiday along with our week and I didn't register what you were saying. Of course it is the Super Facility icon as you say. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Cherry,
So is that showing the new facility? Or is it not doing anything when you click to update it?
If it is not working to give you the new week's facility then please try clearing your memcache again (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If it still will not work you will need to report it to Support as we don't have any way through the forums to try to fix this for you. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Palmarina Jun 03 2019 01:01 AM

Hi I first started up my new Super Facility this morning = Rubber Sheet Factory.
When I then opened my Warehouse the old ones were still showing.
I can upload the rubber sheet, but the old ones are still there (preserved products).
I cleared memcache but the old ones are not gone.
Now it is a mixture of the new (rubber sheets) and the expired old ones.

Lara Jun 03 2019 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6303962)
Hi I first started up my new Super Facility this morning = Rubber Sheet Factory.
I can upload the rubber sheet, but the old ones are still there (preserved products).

This has happened to me too. Last week I had the fish farming and filled all the slots in the trade warehouse. This week I have the chocolate factory with only 3 items. I have placed those 3 items in the warehouse but the rest of the slots are filled by last weeks expired fish farming items and it I follow the link it tells me I have no super facility items to fill them. It is a bit confusing to look at.

Tiger Jun 03 2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6303962)

Hi Palmarina,

When you opened the Trading Warehouse did you not click on "Create Sale Offer" on the old offer? That should have cleared the old one out and replaced it with the new offer.

So what you did instead was used a new box and clicked on "Create Sale Offer Super Facility Products"? If you did that that would be why you are seeing both offers as the old one hasn't cleared.

Your neighbours shouldn't have any problems buying your new products. They will see the Buy button on your new product and Expired on the old one.

Tiger Jun 03 2019 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 6303966)
This has happened to me too. Last week I had the fish farming and filled all the slots in the trade warehouse. This week I have the chocolate factory with only 3 items. I have placed those 3 items in the warehouse but the rest of the slots are filled by last weeks expired fish farming items and it I follow the link it tells me I have no super facility items to fill them. It is a bit confusing to look at.

Hi Lara,

You will only be able to add as many sales as you have different products to sell, up to 8 products. If you only have 3 products for sale then that's why it's telling you you have no more super facility items to add.

Are you confused because you didn't realise you only had 3 different products to sell and as the Create Sale Offer button is not greyed out on the other boxes you thought you could add more?

Your neighbours shouldn't have any problems buying your new products. They will see the Buy button on your new products and Expired on the old ones.

Palmarina Jun 03 2019 07:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6303974)
Hi Palmarina,

When you opened the Trading Warehouse did you not click on "Create Sale Offer" on the old offer? That should have cleared the old one out and replaced it with the new offer.
>>> YES I DID BUT the old ones are still there. See attachment pict_3.

So what you did instead was used a new box and clicked on "Create Sale Offer Super Facility Products"? If you did that that would be why you are seeing both offers as the old one hasn't cleared.
>>> No I did not create a new box because all 8 slots were used up by the old ones. I clicked "Create Sale offer" on one old product, this has been replaced by the rubber sheet.

Your neighbours shouldn't have any problems buying your new products. They will see the Buy button on your new product and Expired on the old one.

Please see 2 answers in your text.

This is a little confusing, isn't it? 7 old products of the former super facility still standing there and one new one. I clicked on all the other old ones and they don't dissapear. I attached a screen shot with the message I got each time (pict_4) . I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Tiger Jun 03 2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6304018)
Please see 2 answers in your text.

This is a little confusing, isn't it? 7 old products of the former super facility still standing there and one new one. I clicked on all the other old ones and they don't dissapear. I attached a screen shot with the message I got each time (pict_4) . I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Hi Palmarina,

Thanks for your additional information. No you have not done anything wrong. You only have one product in the rubber factory so you can only make one sale offer at a time. Remember when you sell your super facility products you sell the total amount you have at that time, you can't change it to selling a portion of them. When your rubber sheets are sold the buttons in the box with the rubber sheets offer will change from showing "Update" and "Delete" to " Create a Sale Offer". The information in the box also changes from "Sell or Give" to "Sold or Gave".

As you don't like seeing the old offers, what you can do to clear the old ones out is the following:

Create a sale offer in one of the boxes then immediately delete the offer. Repeat that in every box that has an old sale offer until you are down to just one with the sale offer you want to make. Then you will only see that one sale offer.

If you are wanting a quicker way to do that or a way for the other old sale boxes to be automatically cleared for you, perhaps after you have seen what was sold overnight, or when you make your first sale offer for the week that's fine. Just say in your post what you would prefer to happen.

Palmarina Jun 03 2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6304034)
Hi Palmarina,

Thanks for your additional information. No you have not done anything wrong. You only have one product in the rubber factory so you can only make one sale offer at a time. Remember when you sell your super facility products you sell the total amount you have at that time, you can't change it to selling a portion of them. When your rubber sheets are sold the buttons in the box with the rubber sheets offer will change from showing "Update" and "Delete" to " Create a Sale Offer". The information in the box also changes from "Sell or Give" to "Sold or Gave".

As you don't like seeing the old offers, what you can do to clear the old ones out is the following:

Create a sale offer in one of the boxes then immediately delete the offer. Repeat that in every box that has an old sale offer until you are down to just one with the sale offer you want to make. Then you will only see that one sale offer.

If you are wanting a quicker way to do that or a way for the other old sale boxes to be automatically cleared for you, perhaps after you have seen what was sold overnight, or when you make your first sale offer for the week that's fine. Just say in your post what you would prefer to happen.

Hi Tiger,

1) Create a sale offer in one of the boxes then immediately delete the offer. Repeat that in every box that has an old sale offer until you are down to just one with the sale offer you want to make. Then you will only see that one sale offer.
>>> OK I have done that and indeed now the old ones are gone and only my rubber sheet are there! Thank you! I would never have figured that out myself. I wonder if other people know how to clear the old offers.

2) It would be nice if the old offers would dissapear automatically when making the first sale offer(s) for the week.

Palmarina

Tiger Jun 03 2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6304050)
Hi Tiger,

1) Create a sale offer in one of the boxes then immediately delete the offer. Repeat that in every box that has an old sale offer until you are down to just one with the sale offer you want to make. Then you will only see that one sale offer.
>>> OK I have done that and indeed now the old ones are gone and only my rubber sheet are there! Thank you! I would never have figured that out myself. I wonder if other people know how to clear the old offers.

2) It would be nice if the old offers would dissapear automatically when making the first sale offer(s) for the week.

Palmarina

You are welcome Palmarina :)

We are discussing various ways this might be improved and it depends on what can actually be done. If it can't be changed we will add the instructions to the Game Guide.

JudyD1651 Jun 03 2019 04:54 PM

Thanks for the Trading Warehouse updates. D is most helpful. At first I thought maybe have it work as the Co-op Quest work where you move through your neighbors quests one after the other, but the removal of the beige dot helps a lot. Anything to make the game of Farm Town easier works for me. :)

NJones277 Jun 03 2019 04:54 PM

Trading Warehouse - 2 questions:
1. Where is the new 'Order by Trade Offers' menu option?
2. Is there any plan to increase the number of offers you can create? For example, the Petrochemical Plant has more products than sale offers allowed. We have to watch for offers to be accepted and them use those to create new ones.
Thanks.

Tiger Jun 03 2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJones277 (Post 6304086)
Trading Warehouse - 2 questions:
1. Where is the new 'Order by Trade Offers' menu option?
2. Is there any plan to increase the number of offers you can create? For example, the Petrochemical Plant has more products than sale offers allowed. We have to watch for offers to be accepted and them use those to create new ones.
Thanks.

Hi NJones,

Click on your own picture in the neighbours bar and look for this:

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...ade offers.PNG

You also can click on anyone's picture to get to it, it will just show much further up the list.

As for your other question, we don't know yet, just keep an eye on the 1st post on page 1 for any updates. Raul will list them there.

NJones277 Jun 03 2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6304098)
Hi NJones,

Click on your own picture in the neighbours bar and look for this:

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gamegu...ade offers.PNG

You also can click on anyone's picture to get to it, it will just show much further up the list.

As for your other question, we don't know yet, just keep an eye on the 1st post on page 1 for any updates. Raul will list them there.

Thanks - never thought to look there. :)

Lara Jun 03 2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6303978)
Hi Lara,

You will only be able to add as many sales as you have different products to sell, up to 8 products. If you only have 3 products for sale then that's why it's telling you you have no more super facility items to add.

Are you confused because you didn't realise you only had 3 different products to sell and as the Create Sale Offer button is not greyed out on the other boxes you thought you could add more?

Your neighbours shouldn't have any problems buying your new products. They will see the Buy button on your new products and Expired on the old ones.

Not confused at all I want last weeks products deleted from my trading warehouse. They are still there and won't go. This hasn't happened before.

Taz D Jun 03 2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 6304130)
Not confused at all I want last weeks products deleted from my trading warehouse. They are still there and won't go. This hasn't happened before.

Hi Lara,
They are working on a solution to this. In the mean time, create a sale offer in one of the boxes then immediately delete the offer. Repeat that in every box that has an old sale offer until you are down to just the number with the sale offers you want to make. Then you will only see those sale offers.

You haven't seen this before because this is very new and they are still working out the kinks.