Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions About Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626306)

artbee Jan 04 2017 03:03 PM

I have ships not trains, as I don't buy online. I might only do a few containers before sending my ship off. I think is to choose a quite day day to do it like when watching sport during ads or just do some in the morning or evening.

dchasse Jan 04 2017 03:14 PM

I noticed my ship containers that have left ports have 0 products, hope this is yet another glitch for the ships, I loaded all the crates, after leaving a port shows nothing being loaded, I have lost neighbors and "friends" over these ships, guess I won't send another out until the problems are solved Sticking to the trains, less problems and you can choose who you want to send it to.

Taz D Jan 04 2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchasse (Post 6128646)
I noticed my ship containers that have left ports have 0 products, hope this is yet another glitch for the ships, I loaded all the crates, after leaving a port shows nothing being loaded, I have lost neighbors and "friends" over these ships, guess I won't send another out until the problems are solved Sticking to the trains, less problems and you can choose who you want to send it to.

Hi dchasse,
Do those ports have a grey background? If they do those are ports you skipped and you don't get any goods when you skip a port.

corogirl Jan 05 2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6128550)
As a psychologist, this kind of thing fascinates me, and I'm the same way, btw. Signing on like an ADDICT to see if I have a ship in my port - not worrying nearly so much about the trains. For me, it's like I don't want to be seen as a "bad neighbor". With trains, if I don't boost them, someone else will, so the only loss is mine. But if I don't load a neighbor's ship, then I'm holding up their entire process - they're likely to not get as much just because I didn't sign on in a timely fashion.

I've decided that there are 3 possible groups of people who can be happy with the ships the way they are now.

EITHER:

1. You're exceptionally sturdy psychologically OR
2. You're able and willing to sign on a lot throughout the day OR
3. You have at least a few sociopathic/narcissistic tendencies

I like playing the ships and I'm not tellin' which category I fall into. :D

I hate the ships so I have none of the above tendencies lol. I have tried them again but they are such a pain I have decided to put them all in storage as soon as they get back home. I will continue to send them on but no way am I going to make a special visit to FT to check.

corogirl Jan 05 2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6128214)
30 Ports with no skips!
Who do you know that I do not know? :p

I got mine to port 30 in 2.5 days with no skips. It's now been sitting at port 30 for 3 days. The lady is on holiday which is great, I plan on going on holiday soon so I guess some other farmer will have to wait it out if it gets to me at port 30. I hate the ships BTW. I have had people ask me if I know so and so's login so I can move their stupid ship. This is the worst thing the dev's have come up with since I started playing in 2009. I am about to give up altogether... Yes it's that bad.

Dr. Dirt Jan 05 2017 06:16 AM

How does someone who is not my neighbor (I checked) I am not their neighbor (I checked) not on my buddy list (I checked) and not a FB friend of mine send a ship to my port?

LazyMare Jan 05 2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6128862)
How does someone who is not my neighbor (I checked) I am not their neighbor (I checked) not on my buddy list (I checked) and not a FB friend of mine send a ship to my port?

Hi Dr Dirt

Do you see their avatar?
You had to have had them as friend at some point.
People do change both their avatar and FB account names which may be why you don't recognise who they are.

Can you find them in your My Neighbours tab at the top of the game? Am presuming that they kept you as a neighbour.

What does the blue button under their avatar tell you your relationship is?
If you don't wish to receive ships from them, use that blue button under their avatar photo in your Seaport Manager to visit their farm, then the toolbox icon on the bottom-left of their farm to remove yourself as their buddy then remove yourself from their neighbours.

Hope that helps

Dr. Dirt Jan 05 2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6128870)
Hi Dr Dirt

Do you see their avatar?
You had to have had them as friend at some point.
People do change both their avatar and FB account names which may be why you don't recognise who they are.

Can you find them in your My Neighbours tab at the top of the game? Am presuming that they kept you as a neighbour.

What does the blue button under their avatar tell you your relationship is?
If you don't wish to receive ships from them, use that blue button under their avatar photo in your Seaport Manager to visit their farm, then the toolbox icon on the bottom-left of their farm to remove yourself as their buddy then remove yourself from their neighbours.

Hope that helps

Went to their farm and chose remove myself as neighbor. It said I wasn't their neighbor. I went to the my neighbors and looked for their name and pic as it was presented at my port. It wasn't there. Looked at the neighbor list at the bottom of my farm not there either.

LazyMare Jan 05 2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6128882)
Went to their farm and chose remove myself as neighbor. It said I wasn't their neighbor. I went to the my neighbors and looked for their name and pic as it was presented at my port. It wasn't there. Looked at the neighbor list at the bottom of my farm not there either.

Hi again :)

In the Neighbours Tab you'd need to look by activity or by name rather than by default.
They shouldn't show in your neighbours at the bottom of the farm

When you visited, did you also click the remove from buddy list?

Dr. Dirt Jan 05 2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6128886)
Hi again :)

In the Neighbours Tab you'd need to look by activity or by name rather than by default.
They shouldn't show in your neighbours at the bottom of the farm

When you visited, did you also click the remove from buddy list?

Did all that you said before my last post. I have no one in my buddy list. A real head scratcher. :)

LazyMare Jan 05 2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt (Post 6128890)
Did all that you said before my last post. I have no one in my buddy list. A real head scratcher. :)

Yep, bit of a mystery

It's their buddy/neighbour list that would make you a stop on their itinerary rather than your buddy/neighbour list
But you do have to have had some FT link at some point

Maybe lump the ''who the Dickens are they?s'' in our Seaport Managers together in a yellow submarine with the Port Unknowns on our Ships Itineraries and send them all off on a "Magical Mystery Tour'' :)

Dr. Dirt Jan 05 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyMare (Post 6128894)
Yep, bit of a mystery

It's their buddy/neighbour list that would make you a stop on their itinerary rather than your buddy/neighbour list
But you do have to have had some FT link at some point

Maybe lump the ''who the Dickens are they?s'' in our Seaport Managers together in a yellow submarine with the Port Unknowns on our Ships Itineraries and send them all off on a "Magical Mystery Tour'' :)

LOL Must be on their buddy list. If they come in my port again I'll have to remember to go by their farm and check. Thanks for the help. :)

BobG184 Jan 05 2017 09:10 AM

I have a ship stuck in my last port (an inactive neighbor) how do I get it to move? BobG184

Tiger Jan 05 2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobG184 (Post 6128918)
I have a ship stuck in my last port (an inactive neighbor) how do I get it to move? BobG184

Hi BobG184,

I'm sorry but at this time you can not skip the last port. This might be changed in a future release. They will have to load the ship or it will return to you once the 7 days are up.

Farmer_Susan Jan 05 2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corogirl (Post 6128822)
I hate the ships so I have none of the above tendencies lol. I have tried them again but they are such a pain I have decided to put them all in storage as soon as they get back home. I will continue to send them on but no way am I going to make a special visit to FT to check.

You're just a different kind of "psychologically sturdy". ;)

MrsParker Jan 05 2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6128550)
EITHER:

1. You're exceptionally sturdy psychologically OR
2. You're able and willing to sign on a lot throughout the day OR
3. You have at least a few sociopathic/narcissistic tendencies

I like playing the ships and I'm not tellin' which category I fall into. :D

I'm none of the three choices! I can't often log in and I feel just terrible about it. I might have to fire off an angry letter to SlashKey illustrating my distress over this 'feature'.

ftjill Jan 05 2017 04:45 PM

I'm happy with the ships. Free products with minimal effort. Of course sometimes the ships sit in a port forever (well it feels like that lol) but after 24 hours I just skip them. And sometimes a ship comes in ahead of schedule (big shout out to all who moved the cargo quickly :) )

The best part for me is all the discussion - hours of entertainment.

And the curiosity about where the devs are going to take the ship feature. Each time I log on I wonder if and what the ship developments might be. I will spend FC for the container manager when it comes out...and then...wait for it...commenters will say stuff like 'I can't believe we have to pay FC for that!' :) :) :)

Farmer_Susan Jan 05 2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsParker (Post 6129026)
I'm none of the three choices! I can't often log in and I feel just terrible about it. I might have to fire off an angry letter to SlashKey illustrating my distress over this 'feature'.

Yep! The 3 choices are for people who are happy (enough) with the ships. You're NOT happy with them so it makes sense that you don't fall into any of those categories. ;)

Farmer_Susan Jan 05 2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6129098)
I'm happy with the ships. Free products with minimal effort.

Yeah - I was thinking about this earlier today. For people who are complaining that they don't have time to sign in so much during the day, they could still load maybe one container in the morning before they start their day and - if they wanted - another one in the evening. That would only be 2 of the 10 containers but, on the other hand, it's free stuff you get for VERY little effort.

ftjill Jan 05 2017 08:16 PM

I admit that most of the time my ships only have 3 loaded containers. Those 3 containers have the products I most need - and if I get a chance to load a few more - that's a bonus I wasn't expecting. I usually load one container in the morning and the remaining two in the evening. Free stuff that really helps me for very little effort. :)

Poppy559 Jan 06 2017 03:19 AM

I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.

gardening girl Jan 06 2017 03:44 AM

I love the ships too, they are a great addition to the game. People just need to remember that we do need to sleep so a wait of 7 or 8 hours (or even 12 hours) is not unreasonable. I confess to checking FT first thing in the morning, before breakfast, drink my tomato juice while I check my quests, co-op quests and now my ships Also last thing at night, must be an addict.....But real life does come before a game, lol. It is really good that we can "skip port" especially when we get a "port unknown" or know that a neighbour is not interested. Can't understand why some players are so negative, they need to chill out and enjoy the game for what it is and be grateful to have it.

Palmarina Jan 06 2017 04:31 AM

Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(

LazyMare Jan 06 2017 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmarina (Post 6129250)
Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(

Hi Palmarina

It's up to your friends and neighbours to skip your port if they feel their Ships have been waiting for too long. and once the new ability to swap some neighbours around is introduced, am sure some will remove you from their itinerary and add someone else if they have had to skip you repeatedly. Each container you fill in your Seaport Manager when you are playing and able to help out, earns you 500 coins. There have been several suggestions of means of opting out but nothing has been said by the Developpers so far.

Farmer_Susan Jan 06 2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy559 (Post 6129242)
I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.

Yep. Definitely psychologically sturdy. To be able to say, "This is how I'm going to do it and I can't worry about the rest." Awesome. :)

I don't like the rude posts either. Definitely NOT psychologically sturdy folks! But still a bummer to see. I haven't gotten any of those actually. I suspect I have a pretty nice group of neighbors. But I've read posts others have gotten and they've been pretty hurtful. Frankly? If I got a post like that unless it was someone I really liked and that I knew was overly stressed in their real life so that I was able to cut them some slack, I'd probably manage to lose them as a neighbor. I just don't want to be treated that way. Nope, I don't.

I also liked your comments about making new friends and clearing out inactive players. I've thought that's been a neat thing the ships have done, too. I'm seeing the benefits in other aspects of the game as well.

Farmer_Susan Jan 06 2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6129098)
The best part for me is all the discussion - hours of entertainment.

I KNOW!!!!! Coming to the Forum and checking the new posts that have come in about the ships has become part of my routine and I love it, too. I've got to get back to my "real life" eventually but it's been wonderful to sort of immerse myself in Farmtown the past few weeks - including being more active in the Forum.

david1323 Jan 06 2017 12:16 PM

Wonderful Neighbors

I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset. :)

Farmer_Susan Jan 06 2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1323 (Post 6129346)
I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset. :)

A-yup. :)

gardening girl Jan 06 2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbonet (Post 6127454)
Actually, if you go to your friends farm and look at their ships logbook, you can see if it's scheduled to come to you.

Where do you find the ships logbook on your neighbours farm? Looked but can't find it.

Joyinlife Jan 06 2017 05:38 PM

Friends and Ports

Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.:confused:

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.

Taz D Jan 06 2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6129466)
Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.:confused:

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.

Hi joyinlife,
There is currently no way to pick any of the friends you ships go to. The developers are implementing an update soon to allow you to change out 10 of the people on your port list, but not the entire list.
The people listed for your ships are, at the minimum, your friends and have been recently active. They may also be some you have at one time been neighbors/buddies with and they apparently still have you listed as a neighbor even if you do not have them as neighbors. You can determine which they are by looking under their picture at what the description is. You can also from that go to their farms and using the toolbox icon in lower left area to remove yourself as their neighbor and/or buddy.
If you go to your neighbor's farm and click on a ship then you can look at the ship's logbook for that ship and see where you are on their list for that ship.

jfedwards Jan 08 2017 01:54 PM

what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?

Dulcinea Jan 08 2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfedwards (Post 6130218)
what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?

You don't have to buy all the ships. Which ones you can get depends on your level and number of neighbors, but you only buy the ones you need.

Farmer_Susan Jan 08 2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfedwards (Post 6130218)

I'm not liking this, either. I bought 7 so I'd be able to launch one each day - but now that we have the Skip Port feature, mine are coming back in around 4 days, which means I always have a few sitting and waiting. I'd like to be able to launch one as soon as it comes back in - like we can with trains. I've suggested this so we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Maybe we'll be able to someday.

Joyinlife Jan 08 2017 05:42 PM

Ship Delema

Posted by a friend. I could not have said it better:
This is to all my farm town neighbours and friends.....
i'm not gonna sit and stare at the ship manager and wait for a ship to come in.. i do have a life.... if i am home i do check in every few minutes if i can.. sometimes its impossible.... If im not home well then i wont lol...so far no one has complained or given me hassles tho i have ready some posts from other places that well people are going way to far on removing neighbours / unfriending .. it is a game...but if im not getting to ur ship in time for you feel free to remove me...and you will never hear a word from me that ur not sending my ship on soon enough...you do when you do...... right now i send a message that i have a ship in ur port.. soon that will stop as players do get used to this new part of farm town....i remember when it was just farming lol......the end

beautysmom Jan 08 2017 11:16 PM

I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!

Taz D Jan 08 2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautysmom (Post 6130362)
I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!

Hi Beautysmom,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread for discussion about the Cargo Ships as you were not asking a question or having a problem with the ships.

LongsleeveSteve Jan 09 2017 01:16 AM

OK, since it will take a lot of my time to load the cargo ships and it doesn't matter to you guys if we use this part of the game to enjoy, once all of my ships have returned to my port I will put them into storage and wait until you decide to me more realistic with time management. We can layer crops, ponds, and do other thing to make more coins and other type of profit, but try to make these ship load faster is tiring. I am glad you haven't done nothing to make fishing any harder. I will work other players ships, but I will no longer send my ships out. Of course this doesn't matter to you guys who make the rules. I only wished I could ask more people to boycott this, but then again it's your game not mine.

Tom C Jan 09 2017 07:56 AM

The number of ships i am getting at my port has gotten less. I think people are starting to stop sending out ships because of the time needed to load them. I know I will not send any ships out as long at it take 8 to 10 hours to prepare them. I have started to send ships on again from my port, had for a few days even stopped doing that.

dleenorris Jan 09 2017 09:28 PM

Well, with the release today (Jan 9) where we cannot load 10 tabs on browser and then only wait 1 hour to dispatch, I find it extremely difficult to do the ships. People are dropping out like flies, which means it will be even more difficult because one will have to skip a lot of people. Hope you will consider getting a tool to start them all at once. I will still do them, but not happy. I won't be making much. But since I already purchased all of them I will do them. Also hope you are still working so that we can pick our own itinerary.