Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 1st, 2016 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130)

marymarcel Dec 07 2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conjetta (Post 6117298)
No answer since I posted this question. I'm still wondering if there is a way to opt out so your neighbors don't waste their time sending the ship to us. AND, what will be done if you don't have 50 active neighbors? Too many unanswered questions.

Hi Conjetta:)

We dont have the answers to your questions as the only information we have about the Ships is posted in the New Release thread in point 7

We have to wait till the Ships are released and see what more information we get.:)

artbee Dec 08 2016 03:00 AM

I as an Australian would of like more summer items for Christmas. As winter christmas is out of places in Australia. More summer Christmas items please

Sandraneta Dec 08 2016 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancyq2 (Post 6117018)
Thanks for the response. I need to report then, I have not received the notice that a new update had been released for at least 3 months. I have heard from a teammate that she is having the same problem.

I have not received update notices for at least 3 months, however, I simply watch the boards for monthly updates. The notification within the game is commendable and helpful. Nonetheless, I just check the Slashkey board if I am curious.

Tom C Dec 08 2016 09:13 AM

If I read the notes right your ship will return in 7 days. It might get stuck at one of your neighbors but at the end of day 7 it returns to you with what ever it picked up.

kourty Dec 08 2016 11:04 AM

I started playing in 2009 and I'm thinking back to how it was and I have to laugh. Harvesting 1 square at a time , and planting the same way ... It's hard to feature that now lol.. You guys have to have quite the imagination to think, of all the things you come up with.. Good job !!!!! thanks for the new things each time .

Lara Dec 09 2016 04:42 AM

thanks for everything and I am waiting (im)patiently for the Ships. I read the people saying there was no notification on the game like usual. I just got mine now and I have been on my farm for some time already today so it seems to be a delayed reaction lol

Qivis Dec 09 2016 05:49 AM

I did finally get the notice appearing above the game, but today! So it's a good thing I have been awake the last week... :p

Old McMark Dec 09 2016 07:15 AM

For those complaining about notifications of the new release, you already know within a few days when it will come out (about a month after the last one). Most of us check the forum at least once a day when it gets to be close to a month since the last release. Also, there are usually some changes to the game features that become obvious pretty quickly when a new release hits (new tools, new farms, new features on the farm screen, etc). Recently a big tipoff was the numbers that appear on the grid that allows you to jump to different farms.

RoseArienh Dec 09 2016 08:55 AM

I've been reading the posts about the above game update notifications (or the lack thereof). Like many here, I didn't need that notification, as I knew what day it was and I checked in here every fifteen minutes starting on the first.

Anyway, for posterity, and maybe help to the developers, the notification appeared above my game this morning.

james_a_thompson Dec 09 2016 09:03 AM

Please release Android-compatible version.

FT, thank-you for creating the new ships. As I understand it, it will take (on and off) up to 10 hours to prepare a ship with all 10 cargo holds. That being said, I only have time to play 1-2 hours before work and 1-2 hours after work. Please create and release a version of FarmTown that works with iOS and Android devices so that I can play the game while commuting and during work hours. R/ Jim T

Momma Woods Dec 09 2016 09:23 AM

A yellow banner at the top of my Farm Town page said a new release to the game click here for info. I do not find anything re: another release since 12/1/16.

LizaLee Dec 09 2016 09:44 AM

Thank you for the update :)

Tiger Dec 09 2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Woods (Post 6117718)
A yellow banner at the top of my Farm Town page said a new release to the game click here for info. I do not find anything re: another release since 12/1/16.

Hi Momma Woods,

The 1st Dec is the latest release. The notification at the top of the game was late in arriving. Best place to check is here in the New Release section of the forum.

dell466 Dec 09 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2016 release

I am very concerned that the new cargo ships will fizzle big time. With the current neighbourhood chain quests, there are players in my group who do not bother to participate more than once during the week. The neighbourhood chain only takes a few seconds per day to do, but they can't be bothered. So how can you expect them to take a significant amount of time to help out with a cargo ship that arrives at their port from someone else?

beverduster Dec 09 2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dell466 (Post 6117762)
I am very concerned that the new cargo ships will fizzle big time. With the current neighbourhood chain quests, there are players in my group who do not bother to participate more than once during the week. The neighbourhood chain only takes a few seconds per day to do, but they can't be bothered. So how can you expect them to take a significant amount of time to help out with a cargo ship that arrives at their port from someone else?

thats when you start lookin for new neighbers that play the quests, i would think they would also stock your ship when it hits their port

tammylaree Dec 09 2016 11:21 AM

I am reading a lot about what people don't like about the new ships but they haven't even come out yet. How about we wait and see how they are going to work before deciding they are a good or bad thing? I love FarmTown and the devs manage to give us some pretty good things to keep it interesting. Let's give them a chance on this as well. Oh and thanks for the most recent update.

MissWatusi Dec 09 2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dell466 (Post 6117762)

I got tired of some neighbors hardly trying to work the neighborhood quests. That's their right, but they were dragging down my neighborhood. So, I got rid of the neighbors that were lackadaisical. I want to be competitive LOL.

Moose Maid Dec 09 2016 02:33 PM

New Release 12/1/2016

Thanks for the new update. Looking forward to the Ships. :)

Are new levels planned for the future?

Taz D Dec 09 2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose Maid (Post 6117798)
Thanks for the new update. Looking forward to the Ships. :)

Are new levels planned for the future?

Hi Moose Maid,
#2 in the Release says in about 2 weeks (25 new levels).

Krykarla Dec 09 2016 03:00 PM

Looking forward .. Thank u :)

AnnaWalls Dec 09 2016 03:15 PM

Cool. That cargo ship will be interesting.

Lara Dec 10 2016 01:44 AM

I appreciate all my neighbours whether they play once a day or once a week or every now and then. I appreciate everything they do for me and I have been playing with most of them since 2009. This is a great game but how much time individuals have to devote to it relies on their own daily commitments. I know that there will be neighbours who will not have time to help with my ship when I get it. I don't care, it is still an exciting concept and it will return to me with FREE goods after 7 days whatever happens.

StoneFace Dec 10 2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 6117878)
I appreciate all my neighbours whether they play once a day or once a week or every now and then. I appreciate everything they do for me and I have been playing with most of them since 2009. This is a great game but how much time individuals have to devote to it relies on their own daily commitments. I know that there will be neighbours who will not have time to help with my ship when I get it. I don't care, it is still an exciting concept and it will return to me with FREE goods after 7 days whatever happens.

Amen, and

Amen, and

Merry Christmas to all!

StoneFace Dec 10 2016 07:53 AM

9 days since the latest New Release.

14 days estimated time from then to the release of the Cargo Ship enhancement

5 days, maybe less, maybe more, until our Ships come in.

They'll be coming 'round the mountain, when they come........;)

Thanks to Raul for 7++ years..... from a single 24x24 to the current 31 farms at 42x42

no end in sight.... and that's a great thing..... making farming great again!

knolan Dec 10 2016 08:15 AM

New update

I still can't afford to upgrade the land units that I have, nevertheless afford to add any additional farms. I would think the developers & staff would want players to be able to enlarge their lots & increase the number of farms so they can use their farmcash to purchase facilities to put on those farms. I already spend too much real money on FarmTown just to be able to keep up with myself, forget about keeping up with the Jones, or the Wangs, or the Gonzalez, or the Lee's, or the Smirnov families, or even the Muller families. Why not turn over a new leaf (or plot of dirt) and start the year with lowering the costs of land. It would lead the players into believing that their favorite game is now changing their mission to make the game more affordable for their families (we the player). To use the same well-known secret that was used by Walmart, Lower prices, to sell to more customers.

I do apologize for not recognizing that the cargo ship containers will be purchased with coins instead of FarmCash. yeahhhhh....Thank you!! Because I can not afford any more trains, I have 1 set for each of my FT accts.

mcdaddie Dec 10 2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 6117878)

Very well stated!!!!!!!!

Hallets Dec 10 2016 11:02 AM

Ships

Looks like ANOTHER useless update. FIX YOUR FREEKING BROWSER ISSUES FFS!!!!
:mad:

Taz D Dec 10 2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallets (Post 6117938)
Looks like ANOTHER useless update. FIX YOUR FREEKING BROWSER ISSUES FFS!!!!
:mad:

Hi Hallets,
The only ones who can fix the Edge issues is Facebook. There is nothiong that Farm Town can do to fix that issue.

servocrow Dec 10 2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 6117902)
9 days since the latest New Release.

14 days estimated time from then to the release of the Cargo Ship enhancement

5 days, maybe less, maybe more, until our Ships come in.

They'll be coming 'round the mountain, when they come........;)

Thanks to Raul for 7++ years..... from a single 24x24 to the current 31 farms at 42x42

no end in sight.... and that's a great thing..... making farming great again!

So true! I don't get to play as NEARLY much as I use to play, but I still check out the updates and try to keep my account active. Very happy that this game is chugging along - I STILL LOVE IT!!! Thank you Developers and Players!!

Farmer_Susan Dec 10 2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6117910)
I still can't afford to upgrade the land units that I have, nevertheless afford to add any additional farms. I would think the developers & staff would want players to be able to enlarge their lots & increase the number of farms so they can use their farmcash to purchase facilities to put on those farms. I already spend too much real money on FarmTown just to be able to keep up with myself, forget about keeping up with the Jones, or the Wangs, or the Gonzalez, or the Lee's, or the Smirnov families, or even the Muller families. Why not turn over a new leaf (or plot of dirt) and start the year with lowering the costs of land. It would lead the players into believing that their favorite game is now changing their mission to make the game more affordable for their families (we the player). To use the same well-known secret that was used by Walmart, Lower prices, to sell to more customers.

I do apologize for not recognizing that the cargo ship containers will be purchased with coins instead of FarmCash. yeahhhhh....Thank you!! Because I can not afford any more trains, I have 1 set for each of my FT accts.

I've NEVER paid real money for land. I've always worked to earn the coins for land upgrades. I've got all 31 farms at this point, and several of them are maxed out at 42x42. All bought with coins. The ones that aren't maxed out are what keep me playing in some ways - more goals to work toward. When you don't spend your FC on land, you can buy tons of other cool stuff with it and then the game won't seem so expensive.

ftjill Dec 10 2016 04:16 PM

Ships

Waiting for the ships is like waiting for Christmas...oh the anticipation...preparing the sea port farm...the sleepless nights wondering if the update is here yet. And then once the ships are released it will all be over in a few minutes just like opening the Christmas presents. And then...it will start again. Where will the ships go...which ports will they visit...and the long wait for a whole week until they return. Looking forward to the ships. :cool: :)

Yep. Just like Christmas! :D :D :D Thanks devs for keeping the game fresh with your great ideas and hard work. All the best to you and yours for the holiday season. Merry Christmas!

Aussie Rae Dec 10 2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftjill (Post 6117986)
Waiting for the ships is like waiting for Christmas...oh the anticipation...preparing the sea port farm...the sleepless nights wondering if the update is here yet. And then once the ships are released it will all be over in a few minutes just like opening the Christmas presents. And then...it will start again. Where will the ships go...which ports will they visit...and the long wait for a whole week until they return. Looking forward to the ships. :cool: :)

Yep. Just like Christmas! :D :D :D Thanks devs for keeping the game fresh with your great ideas and hard work. All the best to you and yours for the holiday season. Merry Christmas!

yes, I agree, its the anticipation that keeps us interested.. and I have to have a chuckle at all those pessimistic people who have their knickers in a twist claiming that the ships will be terrible and they won't be doing them... lol... especially when they have not yet been released.. :)

Farmer_Susan Dec 10 2016 07:52 PM

I'm counting down the days for the ships, too. I think they're going to be cool! I mean . . . I guess I'll get annoyed if they always get hung up at the same neighbor that keeps them from passing on through. But what I'm thinking is that it will be a way to get more goods for coins. And I think the anticipation of it all will be fun - something to check each day and see how far along they are, etc. I can hardly wait!

dnana Dec 10 2016 09:09 PM

The notification finally showed up, lol!

Farmer_Susan Dec 11 2016 08:53 AM

I doubt this is a bug with the last release but I don't know where to put this so decided to just let y'all move it. Here's what happened:

1. I was at a neighbor's farm working their facilities. When I finished, I clicked the Farm Stats tool because I was curious to see if I could see my own farm stats while on a neighbor's farm.

2. I couldn't, so I went back home and clicked the Farm Stats tool again. I set it to all products, all farms - saw a lot of stuff that I knew wasn't right. For example, it said I had some huge number of plowed fields and I was pretty sure I didn't have any. I clicked on it and found 16 of my farms listed - in seemingly random order - and they all said they had fields available. I don't think ANY of my farms had fields at the time but for sure some are off. For example, it said I had 8638 fields on Farm 1 and my Farm 1 doesn't have ANY fields. Other numbers were also way off, i.e., a farm with a possibility of 500 fields said it had 11,000 fields available - stuff like that. Other things were wrong, too, for example, it said my Farm10 had sunflowers ready but when I checked, it had onions GROWING - no sunflowers at all, and nothing ready on that farm.

3. I clicked it again and got correct amounts so this isn't a biggie - I'm guessing the first thing was some kind of hangover from the neighbor's farm I had just visited. Incidentally, if this helps with debugging, my neighbor could only view that one farm, whereas I've built up all my farms enough to have full use of that tool.

Stover Dec 11 2016 09:07 AM

Can you fix something up to let us use some of the new flowers in the flower facility, and maybe even some of the other facilities?

maggiel29 Dec 11 2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stover (Post 6118102)
Can you fix something up to let us use some of the new flowers in the flower facility, and maybe even some of the other facilities?

I second that :)

deballen Dec 11 2016 05:07 PM

I recently purchased a Mobile Lookout Tower and sent it to a super neighbor in hopes this tool would help her with farming faster on my farm. She tells me it only works on her farm and not mine. When I read the description in tools, I thought it would help her with my farm. Can someone explain this tool to me and how to make it work? If this is not the correct place to post this, please send where it needs to be.

marymarcel Dec 11 2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deballen (Post 6118170)
I recently purchased a Mobile Lookout Tower and sent it to a super neighbor in hopes this tool would help her with farming faster on my farm. She tells me it only works on her farm and not mine. When I read the description in tools, I thought it would help her with my farm. Can someone explain this tool to me and how to make it work? If this is not the correct place to post this, please send where it needs to be.

Hi deballen:)

Your first post was moved and answered in the following link

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...66#post6118166

deballen Dec 11 2016 06:17 PM

Thank you !

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6118174)
Hi deballen:)

Your first post was moved and answered in the following link

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...66#post6118166