Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Cargo Ships (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490)

Crystal Nov 25 2021 10:09 AM

Ships

Why does when clicking on use my last ship itinerary not give me my actualy last itinerary. I know this for a fact because all my previous ships had just came back except for the one I just sent out yesterday and it does not even come close to matching it. With all the changes I will have to make it will take me 2 days to match it because it will have over 20 changes in it to make it match. This happens regularly to me. Please fix this.

Taz D Nov 25 2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal (Post 6473090)
Why does when clicking on use my last ship itinerary not give me my actualy last itinerary. I know this for a fact because all my previous ships had just came back except for the one I just sent out yesterday and it does not even come close to matching it. With all the changes I will have to make it will take me 2 days to match it because it will have over 20 changes in it to make it match. This happens regularly to me. Please fix this.

Hi Crystal,
I moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships.
Was there a pop up to tell you there wasn't a last itinerary to use? I do see you did not send a ship on the 24th so there is gap in the list. You can check this by clicking on the small question mark in the container box that you are currently preparing.
You have currently one ship out that was dispatched on the 23rd, but by missing the 24th then you haven't got a current ship to reuse the itinerary.
Try clicking the Reuse Last Itenerary again and see what the pop up messages tell you.

MOM GLENDA Dec 18 2021 10:09 PM

ship

i forgot to change the itenery to use the same one i had been using .trying to fix names back and it want let me exchange names.i can only move the names already there .tryed 6 times and it not working. guess i send pink ship off like it is like i did brown ship yesterday

Taz D Dec 18 2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6475366)
i forgot to change the itenery to use the same one i had been using .trying to fix names back and it want let me exchange names.i can only move the names already there .tryed 6 times and it not working. guess i send pink ship off like it is like i did brown ship yesterday

Hi Mom Glenda,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships.
You can only change 10 names each time. If you haven't been able to change any try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

MOM GLENDA Dec 18 2021 11:36 PM

thanks i did over 10 names it been a long time since i forgot to use last one so i forgot about it being only 10 names. sorry

dpruitt43@yahoo.com Dec 28 2021 09:10 PM

Ships

I own 8 ships and while one sat at #30 I message the guy and asked if he'd move it along. He told me he was having issues with his ships and would move it as soon as he could. It timed out and it took my ship away. How do I get it back?

Taz D Dec 28 2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpruitt43@yahoo.com (Post 6477138)
I own 8 ships and while one sat at #30 I message the guy and asked if he'd move it along. He told me he was having issues with his ships and would move it as soon as he could. It timed out and it took my ship away. How do I get it back?

Hi Dpruitt,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships.
There are only 7 ships, not 8. You can only have 1 of each color ship. All 7 of your ships are already out dispatched with the Yellow one being only a few hours from returning.

dpruitt43@yahoo.com Dec 29 2021 12:15 PM

My Ships

TY for your quick reply. I am getting older but I was so sure I always saw 8 ships. Guess it may have been the Warehouse set-up that put that in my head. Have a great New Year!!

farm town addiction Dec 30 2021 02:46 AM

why do I always get the same lame neighbours who don't play regularly on my list of people to choose from... most of the good regular players have disappeared off my list of choices.. It is so frustrating that I have to skip a third of the ports or the ships just sit there.. where are the rest of my neighbours? and why doesn't it at least rotate through them instead of keeping the same ones.. they don't play so are useless for ships..

Tiger Dec 30 2021 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farm town addiction (Post 6477322)
why do I always get the same lame neighbours who don't play regularly on my list of people to choose from... most of the good regular players have disappeared off my list of choices.. It is so frustrating that I have to skip a third of the ports or the ships just sit there.. where are the rest of my neighbours? and why doesn't it at least rotate through them instead of keeping the same ones.. they don't play so are useless for ships..

Hi farm town addiction,

If any of your friends that normally do the ships disabled their ports for the holidays then the game won't be able to offer those to you to use.
If you are reusing the itinerary then it will give you the same ports again.
If you are not reusing the itinerary then it can only choose from friends that still have their ports open.
Check with some of the friends that normally play regularly that you can't see when you try to replace a port and see if they have disabled their ports for some reason, if they may be away for the holidays or may have forgotten to reopen their ports again.

farm town addiction Dec 30 2021 08:14 AM

thank you for that information... I have a further question, how do you even turn your port on or off?
Thanks

marymarcel Dec 30 2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farm town addiction (Post 6477406)
thank you for that information... I have a further question, how do you even turn your port on or off?
Thanks

Hi farm town addiction :)

Tiger is not available at this moment.

Please click in your preferences, the wrench.

Look for Enable Ships option.

With this option you can participate in the ships feature of the game (check mark added) or you can close your port (remove the check mark) so you do not get any ships coming to your port. When this is disabled your seaport will not receive any more ships from other players and other players will not be able to load your ships.

farm town addiction Dec 30 2021 06:45 PM

thank you for that marymarcel.. I didn't realise that was even an option.

marymarcel Dec 30 2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farm town addiction (Post 6477502)
thank you for that marymarcel.. I didn't realise that was even an option.

You are welcome farm town addiction and glad it helped you :)

spoiler1041 Jan 05 2022 02:51 PM

skipping ahead

I see a few neighbors are filling my ship before the boat actually reached their port. is that done with the overhead crane?

marymarcel Jan 05 2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler1041 (Post 6478038)
I see a few neighbors are filling my ship before the boat actually reached their port. is that done with the overhead crane?

Hi spoiler :)

Your ship has to arrive to their port for them to be able to load it. If your ship is in the previous port it is impossible the next farmer could load it.

You have full information about the overhead cranes in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...94#post6337494

spoiler1041 Jan 05 2022 03:25 PM

skip

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6478042)
Hi spoiler :)

Your ship has to arrive to their port for them to be able to load it. If your ship is in the previous port it is impossible the next farmer could load it.

You have full information about the overhead cranes in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...94#post6337494

Sure looks like it can be done.

marymarcel Jan 05 2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler1041 (Post 6478046)
Sure looks like it can be done.

If you are talking about Petunia port, it is pink as she has closed her port.

So when your ship gets that port, will be automatically skiped.

spoiler1041 Jan 05 2022 03:30 PM

skip

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6478050)
If you are talking about Petunia port, it is pink as she has closed her port.

So when your ship gets that port, will be automatically skiped.

So it says filled but it wont?

or is that a neat little trick? :)

just looked back at past ship...... zero loaded.

marymarcel Jan 05 2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler1041 (Post 6478054)
So it says filled but it wont?

or is that a neat little trick? :)

just looked back at past ship...... zero loaded.

There is no trick spoiler.

Your friend Petunia has her port closed. When a farmer closes the port then it will show up as pink in your Ships Logbook to let you decide if you want to change that farmer for another who has the port open.

By the time you took the pic, your port had been in Reine port for 2.8 hours.

When Reine loads the ship, it will go to Hank Hill port, then after loaded to Jar port, then after loaded to Charis port, after loaded to Emilie port.

After Emilie loads the ship, it will automatically skip Petunia port as it is closed. As it is closed it shows 0 minutes as it will not wait there.
It automatically will go to deb port.

All the information in the following link for Cargo Ships:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

BCLady Jan 06 2022 01:01 PM

On my orange ship I had 4 departments done then all of a sudden they where gone what happened to them?

marymarcel Jan 06 2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCLady (Post 6478162)
On my orange ship I had 4 departments done then all of a sudden they where gone what happened to them?

Hi BCLady :)

I had a look at your data and at this time, it shows only 2 containers loaded for your orange ship.

Before start loading a new one, please clear your memcache, link below, just in case there is a problem with the ship.

Click in the link and a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and start a new container and see if this time it stays.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Dana1971 Jan 11 2022 01:35 PM

Stuck at coming home

One of my ships is at a (Was) neighbor. I removed her as a neighbor after one full day, but she is still a Facebook friend. Anyhow, she has not been active, it's been 2 full day's now and my ship is in her port waiting to come home.
Can you all do anything to help please?

marymarcel Jan 11 2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1971 (Post 6478666)
One of my ships is at a (Was) neighbor. I removed her as a neighbor after one full day, but she is still a Facebook friend. Anyhow, she has not been active, it's been 2 full day's now and my ship is in her port waiting to come home.
Can you all do anything to help please?

Hi Dana :)

Im not sure why you removed her as neighbor as you can do other things to let your ship to continue the trip.

If the ship is not in the last port (30) then you can skip it or if you have the Overhead cranes, then you can fill the ship.

If it is in the last port, then sadly, you have to wait till 7 days have past and then the ship will go back home.

kperry7411 Jan 12 2022 07:07 AM

why is the prep time on my cargo ships changing While I'm working on them.
I got a new puppy last week which messed up my shipping some, but that doesn't seem right.

marymarcel Jan 12 2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kperry7411 (Post 6478710)
why is the prep time on my cargo ships changing While I'm working on them.
I got a new puppy last week which messed up my shipping some, but that doesn't seem right.

Hi kperry :)

I moved your post to the thread about Cargo Ships.

Ships only stay on the dispatch list for exactly 7 days then they drop off the list.

If the preparation time changed while you were preparing containers, this is because the time is calculated according to how many ships you had previously dispatched in the last 7 days. For example: if you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days and were preparing your Brown ship, the prep time would be 5.1 minutes, but if while you were preparing them one of those ships dropped from the list for being over 7 days old you would then change to a prep time of 5 dispatched ships, 10.2 minutes.

You have full information in the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...18#post6164118

michelle jo Jan 14 2022 01:43 AM

can i please ask why half of my containers start off at 4 point something or 5 point something does a few then they go up to 10 point something to load it's been doing it for last few days never done that before i have cleaned everything out and also send ships off everyday all full ships thank you

Tiger Jan 14 2022 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle jo (Post 6478870)
can i please ask why half of my containers start off at 4 point something or 5 point something does a few then they go up to 10 point something to load it's been doing it for last few days never done that before i have cleaned everything out and also send ships off everyday all full ships thank you

Hi michelle jo,

Do you mean why do the container preparation times change?

Container preparation times are governed by not only the colour of the ship but also by how many ships you had dispatched in the last 7 days. If when you start preparing a ship you had 6 ships on the dispatch list, then one dropped from the list while you were still preparing a ship, leaving only 5 on the list, the time will then change to a longer one.

For example the brown ships shortest prep time would be 5.1 minutes with 6 ships dispatched in the last 7 days, but if while you were preparing it one dropped off the list it would then change to 10.2 minutes.

Container preparations times and how to check the dispatch list and times times while you are preparing a ship are explained in the Game Guide Chapter 32 Ships post#11
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...18#post6164118

michelle jo Jan 14 2022 06:36 AM

it is when i start to prepare my ship and the time says say 5,.2 for each container then i will do a couple of containers and then they will suddenly change to 10.2 for the rest of the containers on the same ship i do a new ship every morning i sit and watch them fill so i can set it sailing as soon as they are all filled thank you hope you understand what i mean

Tiger Jan 14 2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle jo (Post 6478886)
it is when i start to prepare my ship and the time says say 5,.2 for each container then i will do a couple of containers and then they will suddenly change to 10.2 for the rest of the containers on the same ship i do a new ship every morning i sit and watch them fill so i can set it sailing as soon as they are all filled thank you hope you understand what i mean

Hi michelle jo,

It's because when you started preparing the containers on todays ship, you started off with the dispatch list showing you had dispatched 6 ships in the last 7 days which gave you the time of 5.1.
Then when one of those ships on the dispatch list was over 7 days since it was dispatched it left you with only 5 ships on the dispatch list which changes the time to prepare a container. As you were still preparing a ship that meant the time to prepare changed to 10.2.
To avoid that happening you need to make sure you dispatch a ship every day.
If you are short on time on any day just prepare one container and dispatch it rather than not do one at all.

Tomorrow when you start preparing containers on your ship, check the dispatch list and see how many ships are on the dispatch list.
It will show you the date and times for each one so make a note of date and time of the oldest one on the list as that will drop off first.
If you are still preparing tomorrows ship when the oldest one on that list reaches 7 days since it was dispatched, then your container preparation time on tomorrows ship will change to a slower one.

michelle jo Jan 14 2022 07:42 AM

ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me

Tiger Jan 14 2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle jo (Post 6478898)
ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me

Hi michelle jo,

When you look at the dispatch list tomorrow, look for the ship you dispatched last Saturday, you want to make a note of the time it was dispatched as the second that time is over 7 days is when it will drop off the list.

To give you an example:
Lets say these ship dates and times were showing on the dispatch list tomorrow. You will have to check the dates and times yourself on your own dispatch list to get the correct dates and times for your own ships:
2022-01-14 9:17
2022-01-13 10:10
2022-01-12 08:15
2022-01-11 09:30
2022-01-09 10:27
2022-01-08 09:00

NO ship was sent on the 10th which is why it isn't showing up in that list.
There are 6 ships on that list.
The oldest ship on that list was dispatched last Saturday 2022-01-08 09:00
If on the 15th a ship was being prepared and all the containers had been prepared on it by 09:00, all the containers would have had the shorter prep time.

BUT if the ship doesn't have all the containers prepared by 08:59:59 one was still in progress of being prepared OR more containers were needed to be prepared, then at exactly 09:00 the remaining containers to be loaded will change to a longer preparation time than the ones already loaded before 09:00

That would happen because the ship dispatched on the 8th was then over 7 days old so no longer counts towards container preparation times.
There would then only be 5 ships on the dispatch list so the container preparation time changes to a slower prep time.

By dispatching a ship every day that gives you some breathing space to still use the shorter prep times because even if one of the 7 ships drops off the list you still have 6 ships left on the list, which is enough to give you the shortest preparation times.

RIAP27 Jan 15 2022 12:08 PM

I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.

Taz D Jan 15 2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIAP27 (Post 6478986)
I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.

Hi Riap,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Cargo Ships.
That list is from Facebook and contains all your neighbors who have their ports active. There isn't any way to remove any one from the list unless they turn off their port or you remove them as a neighbor. Only neighbors can help with the cargo ships.
Only way you can refresh the list would be to run memcache that we know of and even that may not change anything.

RIAP27 Jan 15 2022 01:58 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.
I will try running memcache and hope new neighbors show up. It just seems like there are folks loading my cargo ships that are not on my "neighbor" list available. Will give it a try and see if they show up. I really need to remove about 8=10 people who just don't load the ships either at all or in a timely manner (less than 2 days!)

smileyonebjc Jan 18 2022 01:55 PM

Ships Loading Zero Products

Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.

Taz D Jan 18 2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyonebjc (Post 6479178)
Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.

Hi smileyonebjc,
I moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships.
Please provide youor farms ID, so we can check this for you. You can find your ID number in the banner at the top of your farms.

tammyjo408 Jan 28 2022 08:48 AM

please improve who we can select

i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.

Taz D Jan 28 2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyjo408 (Post 6480110)
i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.

Hi Tammyjo,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the Help & Support thread about the ships to answer you.
All of your neighbors who have the port enabled in their preferences will be in that list or already in your logbook list for the ships. If those neighbors are not showing in your list then ask them if they have their port enabled or disabled.

tammyjo408 Jan 28 2022 10:38 AM

they do. plus, I removed a few neighbors (have ships enabled but never send my ships). so I got rid of them. but still can't get my good neighbors onto the list to select them. will give it a couple of days to see if they will show up. thanks.