Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 30th, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630086)

Taz D Jul 01 2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm3810@msn.com (Post 6173854)
Have not been able to empty my gift box since up-date, therefore can not accept any of the gifts I have waiting. It looks like it empties but next move tells me gift box is full and i need to empty it

Hi jm,
I checked your data and you don't have anything in your giftbox. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

jm3810@msn.com Jul 01 2017 10:47 PM

Thank you that worked

PearBear Jul 02 2017 10:58 AM

Highlighting Items for harvesting

FT TEAM: Thank you for improving the highlighting but I think you went over board. Now its very touchy and jumps around on the items I am trying to harvest and makes it difficult to do the job. I have the most difficulty harvesting crops trees and the flowers. (fishing is perfect no problems there). I may be the only one to complain but I thought Id try anyway. :(

MadamePondarosa Jul 02 2017 12:33 PM

Great with design opportunity on a house, though it wasnt a nice building;) Changing color should be a minimum.

Putting on decorations does not work, several struggling with the same.
This is an actually an old problem.., which I have complained about several years! Seems there is some programming "rule", which item should be the "dominant" on top. And there is no concistency on categories. For now, we just pick a lottery ticket and see if it works or not ;D variates from where on the farm you place the item, and which direction.

An empty building like this, is no-ones use before such bugs are fixed!

Narrow rivers can't have a home-made bridge on top of it.
And the worst is that paths go on top of all train bridges :( Which means desigining a river or path below a train bridge is impossible. I hope the devs soon prioritize such issues. I imagine its not really that complicated...just not high prio. If the devs want an e-mail of large problem items, call me :)

Angel7 Jul 02 2017 01:49 PM

Thank you for changing back the trains but I still have an issue. If I have trains on farms with all crops too, the train tracks are only visible if I hide the crops, but the trains and bridges are visible all the time which is strange looking (see my farm #11). They used to be visible all the time unless I was planting, which was good. Please change it back so that train tracks are visible all the time so that trains will always have something to sit on.

Texas Star Jul 02 2017 01:50 PM

"Post-Release Updates - June 28nd, 12:00PM
- We opened this thread because we had to release some internal changes in preparation for the release tomorrow, if you experience any bugs or unexpected behavior please post it on this thread."

Twice since these changes I have lost a square of leeks that were planted on my farm 1. It is a 25x25 area plowed 3x so total of 75 leeks. The area is blank as if never plowed. The first time it happened I reloaded farmtown, then cleared the Memcache but nothing helped so I replowed the area. The leeks were there about 8 am cst today but when I looked about 1:00 pm they were gone again. I cleared the memecache and cleared the browser data, then reloaded the farm and still the leeks are going and there are no plowed nor harvested fields there. The other crops/fields on that farm are still there. This is the same exact location that disappeared before. There are no flowers nor trees planted in this area.

So far I have not had any problem with other crops or farms.

Tiger Jul 02 2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 6173962)
"Post-Release Updates - June 28nd, 12:00PM

- We opened this thread because we had to release some internal changes in preparation for the release tomorrow, if you experience any bugs or unexpected behavior please post it on this thread."

Twice since these changes I have lost a square of leeks that were planted on my farm 1. It is a 25x25 area plowed 3x so total of 75 leeks. The area is blank as if never plowed. The first time it happened I reloaded farmtown, then cleared the Memcache but nothing helped so I replowed the area. The leeks were there about 8 am cst today but when I looked about 1:00 pm they were gone again. All of the other crops/fields are still there. This is the same exact location that disappeared before. There are no flowers nor trees planted in this area. So far I have not had any problem with other crops or farms.

Hi Texas Star,

This doesn't sound like something to do with the release.
It sounds like those fields also have a different type of layering going on as well as the type you intended. Delete those fields that are showing harvested, then reload, if they are still there then try plowing and planting again then immediately reload and see if they stayed planted. If they revert back to harvested fields you will have to keep deleting and refreshing until you are back to ground cover then re plow new fields.

Texas Star Jul 02 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6173966)
Hi Texas Star,

This doesn't sound like something to do with the release.
It sounds like those fields also have a different type of layering going on as well as the type you intended. Delete those fields that are showing harvested, then reload, if they are still there then try plowing and planting again then immediately reload and see if they stayed planted. If they revert back to harvested fields you will have to keep deleting and refreshing until you are back to ground cover then re plow new fields.

TY Tiger :) Sorry for the confusion. The crops and fields have disappeared from the affected area, so there is nothing to delete. After reloading, clearing memcache and browser, then reloading, they were still gone. I plowed that area again and planted. It was fine and the leeks were grown and ready for harvest the next morning. The fields worked fine until this afternoon when they were gone again! It is a mystery to me... may plant leeks somewhere else on the farm tonight and see if they stay or disappear. That farm has been plowed and planted in exactly the same way for a month or more, so thought it might be related to the changes :)

Tiger Jul 02 2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 6173970)
TY Tiger :) Sorry for the confusion. The crops and fields have disappeared from the affected area, so there is nothing to delete. After reloading, clearing memcache and browser, then reloading, they were still gone. I plowed that area again and planted. It was fine and the leeks were grown and ready for harvest the next morning. The fields worked fine until this afternoon when they were gone again! It is a mystery to me... may plant leeks somewhere else on the farm tonight and see if they stay or disappear. That farm has been plowed and planted in exactly the same way for a month or more, so thought it might be related to the changes :)

Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for clarifying :) Are the leeks there now or are they gone again? Are they gone when just viewing the farm, do they reappear if you mouse over them? Can you see them using another browser? Could you supply a link to that farm so we can take a look please?

Texas Star Jul 02 2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6173978)
Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for clarifying :) Are the leeks there now or are they gone again? Are they gone when just viewing the farm, do they reappear if you mouse over them? Can you see them using another browser? Could you supply a link to that farm so we can take a look please?

Hi, yvw and ty! The leeks are gone and never return. I tried a different browser the first time they disappeared. I am using the extended wither irrigation and plant them in the evening. They are ready in the morning for my quest if I need them. So far they have been there when I first go in in the morning but are not there later in the day. A neighbor came over and could not see them, and they do not show up on the Farm Stats. I can plow again in that area so the plow is not picking them up either. They do not disappear every day, only twice so far.

The leeks were in the space above the blue agave.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4409&farm_ix=0

columbonet Jul 02 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6173538)
I am experiencing problems with ft saving at the moment, was hired to work from market, to do trees, flowers and waters, now the game is stuck in saving mode, with the numbers growing, from 1 to now 10 in red, numbers are increasing all the time.......the game plug is flashing from online to offline, loading farm bar at the moment, the bonus I finally got, but now the screen is completely green.. so I cannot let the farmer who hired me know what has happened.. this is the first time this has happened to me, Windows 10, Google Chrome, intel core i7 computer, 8GB RAM, :(

I've been having this problem since the May update. The June update just made it much worse. It only happens to me when I'm hired for a super large farm.

SANDIE39 Jul 02 2017 05:30 PM

Congrats, cudos and thank you

I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE CUDOS, CONGRATULATIONS AND BIG THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT WORK DONE ON THE FARMTOWN GAME. I WAS HARVESTING TODAY AND THE SPEED AND SMOOTHNESS OF THE GAME IS UNBELIEVABLE AND A PLEASURE TO PLAY. IT DIDN'T MATTER IF I WAS DOING FLOWERS, TREES OR CROPS THE CURSOR JUST FLOATS OVER THE GAME AND MAKES PLAYING SUCH A PLEASURE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNTIRING WORK ON THE GAME, IT IS NOTICED AND APPRECIATED. sandie39

Tiger Jul 02 2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 6173986)
Hi, yvw and ty! The leeks are gone and never return. I tried a different browser the first time they disappeared. I am using the extended wither irrigation and plant them in the evening. They are ready in the morning for my quest if I need them. So far they have been there when I first go in in the morning but are not there later in the day. A neighbor came over and could not see them, and they do not show up on the Farm Stats. I can plow again in that area so the plow is not picking them up either. They do not disappear every day, only twice so far.

The leeks were in the space above the blue agave.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4409&farm_ix=0

Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for your link :) I can see where the leeks are missing.

Did you re plow the whole farm or just that area? I'm wondering if the trick to re plow a partial overlapped farm is no longer working.

EDIT TO ADD :

I have cleaned the data on that farm for you. Please try re plowing the section that is missing. If it doesn't stay this time you might want to try re plowing the whole farm.

Texas Star Jul 02 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6173998)
Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for your link :) I can see where the leeks are missing.

Did you re plow the whole farm or just that area? I'm wondering if the trick to re plow a partial overlapped farm is no longer working.

EDIT TO ADD :

I have cleaned the data on that farm for you. Please try re plowing the section that is missing. If it doesn't stay this time you might want to try re plowing the whole farm.

TY again for your help. I re-plowed the missing area, only. Tonight I will try re-plowing the missing area again, and also will plant the leeks on another place since that is the only crop that disappeared. It is curious since it is fine in the evening after planting, and in the morning, but is gonelater in the day. I also wondered why the only the leeks disappeared. I'll let you know, but if necessary I may just leave this little area alone for a while. Maybe I have a sinkhole and should fence it!!

beverduster Jul 03 2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastermouse (Post 6173630)
I had the same issue..finally gave up..you could get the door on and the window disappeared...started over and got the windows on and the door disappeared..
not worth the hassle

where is the unfurnished house located at, looked all over and i cant find it, t y

Taz D Jul 03 2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 6174030)
where is the unfurnished house located at, looked all over and i cant find it, t y

Hi beverduster,
Open the store to the Other section. In the scroll bar on right side click 10 times in the black area. That will show you the undecorated house and below it will be the items for it.

beverduster Jul 03 2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6174034)
Hi beverduster,
Open the store to the Other section. In the scroll bar on right side click 10 times in the black area. That will show you the undecorated house and below it will be the items for it.

t y mr taz

marymarcel Jul 03 2017 08:39 PM

Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - July 3rd, 8:40PM

- We replaced the 3 doors for the Unfinished House, so they are elevated like the windows and will stay in place when placed in front of the house, independent of the house orientation.

Note: The original doors are not available anymore in the Store to avoid confusion, so if you want to preserve the original doors you have in your farm, add them to your storage instead of deleting them.

jeannine_p Jul 03 2017 08:59 PM

why no july 4th decorations? first no memorial day, and now no july 4th?? wats up with that???

Taz D Jul 03 2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannine_p (Post 6174182)
why no july 4th decorations? first no memorial day, and now no july 4th?? wats up with that???

Hi Jeannine,
We have never had 4th of July decorations.

jeannine_p Jul 03 2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6174186)
Hi Jeannine,
We have never had 4th of July decorations.

hmmm, oki tz, i thought we did have. thanks for lettin me know. =)

Kathy813 Jul 04 2017 01:42 AM

Game is actually slower than ever

Since you have supposedly sped up the game's response, I have seen just the opposite. And I have a super neighbor who cannot move from one of my farms to another or another no matter which browser he uses. We both wish you had left the game alone and hadn't tried to improve the speed since it hasn't helped.:confused::mad:

dorissau Jul 04 2017 06:07 PM

I bought the new tree shaker and not so happy. That blessed thing hops around like a cricket on a hotplate. ugh and grr.

marymarcel Jul 05 2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6174446)
I bought the new tree shaker and not so happy. That blessed thing hops around like a cricket on a hotplate. ugh and grr.

Hi dorissau:)

We have been testing our tree shaker and no moderators have problems with it.

Could you give us more information please?

dorissau Jul 05 2017 11:30 PM

There's no more information to add. When I move from area to area the square hops over then back and I have to hold it very still for a few seconds before I can click on the group I want to harvest.

Tiger Jul 06 2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6174670)
There's no more information to add. When I move from area to area the square hops over then back and I have to hold it very still for a few seconds before I can click on the group I want to harvest.

Hi dorissau,

Can you please take the tool out of storage and set it down on a farm. Then Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please then also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start. Once you have done that reload and place the tool back into storage and see if that made any difference.

mcdaddie Jul 06 2017 09:08 AM

A very welcome surprise was observed today. Without any notifications, the ships notification that a container is full is now popping up even if you are at someone else's farm to help in multitasking.
Thanks Dev's , that is a great add.

Sorry, short lived, it is gone again. Hopefully it is something coming in the future. :(

dorissau Jul 06 2017 10:03 AM

[quote=Tiger Laybourne;6174742]Hi dorissau,
Thanks, Tiger. That seems to have helped!! Not so jumpy this morning (neither the tool nor me.. ha)

Tiger Jul 06 2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6174774)
Thanks, Tiger. That seems to have helped!! Not so jumpy this morning (neither the tool nor me.. ha)

Your welcome dorrissau :)

It should be working the same way as the 24x24 and 28x28 tree tools. Is it working the same as those now? If not please try the smaller tool and compare the difference.

Texas Star Jul 07 2017 05:08 PM

Tiger... just reporting in on the disappearing leeks... so far everything that I have planted on the re-plowed area has stayed put. TY for helping :)

Tiger Jul 07 2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Star (Post 6175018)
Tiger... just reporting in on the disappearing leeks... so far everything that I have planted on the re-plowed area has stayed put. TY for helping :)

That's great news, thanks for coming back to let us know :)
You are welcome Texas Star.

jeannine_p Jul 08 2017 11:43 AM

any idea when and/or which coin facs we getting? i got moolah to spend.. its burning in my pocket! lolll :D:D:D

Taz D Jul 08 2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannine_p (Post 6175134)
any idea when and/or which coin facs we getting? i got moolah to spend.. its burning in my pocket! lolll :D:D:D

Hi jeannine,
You have as much information as we do. Just have to wait for Raul to release them to see.

pskasper Jul 08 2017 04:58 PM

Since the update the game has been going painfully slow. I have tried different browsers, cleared my cache, made sure my computer is all updated with no luck. This seems to be hit or miss with the other players I know. Thank you for your time

marymarcel Jul 08 2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pskasper (Post 6175170)
Since the update the game has been going painfully slow. I have tried different browsers, cleared my cache, made sure my computer is all updated with no luck. This seems to be hit or miss with the other players I know. Thank you for your time

Hi pskasper :)

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, that means your game memory is cleared. Close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Also, please reset your router/modem for a few minutes and be sure your browser is updated.

Let us know if these suggestions helped you.

pskasper Jul 08 2017 08:14 PM

Thanks for trying to help! I did use your link (the same as the one I normally use regularily) and that did not help. I had already done it multiple times over the last few days. With the farms closed. I did play with the router, even switched it out with our spare and that did not help. Called the phone company (DSL) and everything seems to them. I have 4 browsers that I use, Opera works the best for the most part, which are all updated along with Windows, and everything else on my computer. Any other suggestions? It took me over an hour to do plantings that normally take me 20 minutes.

Taz D Jul 08 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pskasper (Post 6175194)
Thanks for trying to help! I did use your link (the same as the one I normally use regularily) and that did not help. I had already done it multiple times over the last few days. With the farms closed. I did play with the router, even switched it out with our spare and that did not help. Called the phone company (DSL) and everything seems to them. I have 4 browsers that I use, Opera works the best for the most part, which are all updated along with Windows, and everything else on my computer. Any other suggestions? It took me over an hour to do plantings that normally take me 20 minutes.

Hi pskasper,
The only things we can offer is for you to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Be sure to try all the suggestions in the links in that first post.

Also the items in this thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

You will find that, depending on how you have the different browsers and your computer settings set, some browsers may be slower than others.

pskasper Jul 10 2017 04:48 AM

Update: I went to bed and the next morning the game was back to normal with no additional efforts on my part. Thanks for your help, just wish I knew what was the cause and how it got fixed for the future. Hope you all had a great weekend :)

Aussie Rae Jul 11 2017 05:34 AM

ty, new coin facilities released, :)

cassi2m Jul 11 2017 07:19 AM

Increase Products to Offset New Facs & Client Releases

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6173054)
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on July 11th, 4:10AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAŅOL AQUI

[edited]

Post-Release Updates - July 11th, 4:10AM

- Released the Locksmith Supplies Factory and Locksmith Shop facilities.

Known Issues:

- None

Hi Raul and Developers,

Please NOTE with the release of new facs which all require the Red, Blue or Yellow inks, Metals, etc it is injuring our games.

We need relief from the high demand on certain products:

Ie: we have low to no Red, Blue, Yellow, Black Inks;
Lumber: Maple, Teak, etc
Metals: Brass sheets, Carbon Steel, etc
Pearls are still low
Need Increase on Leather as well as other items from the semi's.

Can you please look into this?

I am still not, nor will I participating in the Ships due to the lack of an AUTO loading Tool for my Port. I do not have time to sit and LOAD people's ships all day long, nor do I wish to anger anyone by holding up their ship. Therefore I do not partake in the Ship Fiasco.

If such a tool were to be released by Slashkey, I would be happy to perhaps join in on that forum. But since you people choose not to give us the tools that we so request, I choose to stand on my Soap Box and stay away from the Ships along with most of my friends and neighbors.

In closing, I cannot rely upon the ships to assist to gather additional supplies needed to help my game along it's way.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely, bothering you once again,
Cathy McCormick

PS I do appreciate your assistance back in January when you found and fixed my storage problems by expanding the database. :)