Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   HTML5/WebGL: Game Not loading or frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270)

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnittyGirl (Post 6401834)
Thank you so much! I tried switching to Firefox but it's the same issue. Thank you again!!! I'll keep checking back and hopefully it will be fixed. You guys are fantastic!!! Happy New Year!

H iKnittyGirl,
In the mean time can I suggest a magnifying glass? :rolleyes:

kidwboro Dec 31 2020 09:24 PM

Nice! Smooth graphics, good colors. And the best part, it is pure HTML.
God bless :)

Edmo Dec 31 2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401642)
Hi Edmo,
Make sure you have your browser up to date. If it is an old version it may not have the HTML5 changes in it.

Taz, i have the latest versions of Edge, Opera and Firefox. Edge gave me the gray screen with the sad face. Opera gave me the gray screen without a sad face. Firefox showed the Unity logo but the bar below the the logo never became white (did not load) and my mouse froze. I will use Edge and/or Firefox to enter the game with flash until 1/12/21 and then i will see what happens.

Talerdasangel Dec 31 2020 09:32 PM

I don't understand, I did click on the link for the new version and yes I got in but all of my quest money 6 was gone. Now my dilemma is I use Facebook game room, I have 2 icons on my desktop, both belong to facebook game room. So I clicked onto my other link which took me to my game but I have NOTHING there, no farms nothing all my plots are gone, like starting from fresh. What's the problem? I liked using that icon as I was able to enlarge the screen without seeing stuff to the right of the screen. What happened? Thank you.

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmo (Post 6401850)
Taz, i have the latest versions of Edge, Opera and Firefox. Edge gave me the gray screen with the sad face. Opera gave me the gray screen without a sad face. Firefox showed the Unity logo but the bar below the the logo never became white (did not load) and my mouse froze. I will use Edge and/or Firefox to enter the game with flash until 1/12/21 and then i will see what happens.

Hi Edmo,
Do you have any plugins running in those browsers, like the one to make Facebook stay with the old layout or an ad blocker? If you have any (other than Flash try disabling them one at a time and then try loading it.
I use Firefox and the other moderators have used Chrome and Opera with no problems.
The first time you load the game it will be slow as it has to download all the graphics, so your Firefox load may have been doing that and you need to just wait longer for it to finish.

bluehair Dec 31 2020 09:37 PM

cant wait till full version of HTML5 comes out :)

Perico429 Dec 31 2020 09:37 PM

I tried the new version, but my screen froze and had to restart my computer to get out of it.

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talerdasangel (Post 6401854)
I don't understand, I did click on the link for the new version and yes I got in but all of my quest money 6 was gone. Now my dilemma is I use Facebook game room, I have 2 icons on my desktop, both belong to facebook game room. So I clicked onto my other link which took me to my game but I have NOTHING there, no farms nothing all my plots are gone, like starting from fresh. What's the problem? I liked using that icon as I was able to enlarge the screen without seeing stuff to the right of the screen. What happened? Thank you.

Hi Talerdasangel,
Try going in through Facebook rather than Gameroom. Then click on the link in the banner at the top of your farms to get to the unity version. Game room is going away in a few months according to Facebook.

Your quests are not gone as that is the normal New Years glitch that the numbers don't show in the chart. Your quests are still there and counted.

jkrueger Dec 31 2020 09:39 PM

FARMTOWN -
I have been reading with interest the negative comments already posted on different sites,
seriously folks, quit the complaining and have a bit of patience.
the developers have been working long hours on this transition and so what if we have to go back to basics for a while - I see the problem is some players are so dam spoilt by the great job that has been done in developing farmtown to the game it is, that some expectations are way too extreme.
Farmtown in a game - a game folks, not real life - your future is not dependant on 'getting to work your farms each day'
Just show some respect and quit complaing like a little kid who has lost his lollipop... rant over

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perico429 (Post 6401866)
I tried the new version, but my screen froze and had to restart my computer to get out of it.

Hi Perico,
Since you have restarted your computer try again. It will be slow the first time as the graphics for the new HTML version have to download to your browser.

23Chris03 Dec 31 2020 09:42 PM

It worked for me, just took a while to load.

Can the HTML5 version be used in Chrome on Android devices?

Taz D Dec 31 2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23Chris03 (Post 6401882)
It worked for me, just took a while to load.

Can the HTML5 version be used in Chrome on Android devices?

Hi Chris,
Theoretically yes. I don't know if the Chrome for Android is limited down though for size. Only way to know is try it.
EDIT: Just loaded it in Firefox on my phone, but it is so small can't do anything on it.

mberger78 Dec 31 2020 09:58 PM

problems with HTML5 Version

Quote by Taz:

"You log into Facebook and first go to the Flash (original version) of the game. Is this where you have noticed nothing is there?"

No, it was game room. I couldn't get it to load at all on my browser, which is Google Chrome. I think I just have to update it to see what it does there, but I'm not sure. I'll do what you suggested though. Thanks for the advice and help :) .

M. Berger

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mberger78 (Post 6401898)
Quote by Taz:

"You log into Facebook and first go to the Flash (original version) of the game. Is this where you have noticed nothing is there?"

No, it was game room. I couldn't get it to load at all on my browser, which is Google Chrome. I think I just have to update it to see what it does there, but I'm not sure. I'll do what you suggested though. Thanks for the advice and help :) .

M. Berger

Hi M. Berger,
I don't use Gameroom and someone else said the same thing. This new version may not work in Gameroom.

MOM GLENDA Dec 31 2020 10:01 PM

love the way my farms look but loaded farms very slow .i got a new 1-7 laptop with 6 processor for christmas .it was loading farmtown very fast and each farm very fast.hope the new version gets faster i had sit here wait loading my farms.plus hope the neighbor bar comes back we cannot help each other without the bar .other than those things i love the look and love i can schroll farm in further.all my big tools work also it done some trees very fast

ellenaussiefarm Dec 31 2020 10:02 PM

does anyone know if the font interface stuff will be enlarged enalrging the screen doesnt make my number of coins or level ect show in large print yet.

Aussie Rae Dec 31 2020 10:04 PM

just tried the new version, found I could zoom now (using chrome) without the screen jumping.. impressed.. :)

needforsuv Dec 31 2020 10:09 PM

When I try to use the new version, I get an error saying my browser doesn't support webassembly!

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6401906)
love the way my farms look but loaded farms very slow .i got a new 1-7 laptop with 6 processor for christmas .it was loading farmtown very fast and each farm very fast.hope the new version gets faster i had sit here wait loading my farms.plus hope the neighbor bar comes back we cannot help each other without the bar .other than those things i love the look and love i can schroll farm in further.all my big tools work also it done some trees very fast

Hi Mom Glenda,
The first time you load it then it will be slow as it has to download all the new graphics for it.
Everything we had before will be coming back. Just have to wait as they complete each function.

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenaussiefarm (Post 6401910)
does anyone know if the font interface stuff will be enlarged enalrging the screen doesnt make my number of coins or level ect show in large print yet.

Hi ellenaussiefarm,
We have already contacted the developers about this. Hopefiully they can increase the size of the font.

bluehair Dec 31 2020 10:15 PM

just tried the HTML5 in full screen then went to my 2nd monitor and clicked on one of the tabs in firefox and farmtown stayed in full screen..when I use flash it would minimise as soon I clicked on anything in my 2nd monitor

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needforsuv (Post 6401918)
When I try to use the new version, I get an error saying my browser doesn't support webassembly!

Hi needforsuv,
What browser and what device are you loading this on?

mberger78 Dec 31 2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401902)
Hi M. Berger,
I don't use Gameroom and someone else said the same thing. This new version may not work in Gameroom.

Taz,
*nods* ok. What was it you suggested I do, again. I can't seem to find my original post or your response among the other questions and replies. I'm not sure if it got deleted or if I'm over looking it. Its just not there anymore, it seems. Thanks again for all the help.

M. Berger

ellenaussiefarm Dec 31 2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401838)
H iKnittyGirl,
In the mean time can I suggest a magnifying glass? :rolleyes:

or put ya nose on the screen like i do :)

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehair (Post 6401934)
just tried the HTML5 in full screen then went to my 2nd monitor and clicked on one of the tabs in firefox and farmtown stayed in full screen..when I use flash it would minimise as soon I clicked on anything in my 2nd monitor

Hi bluehair,
You are working with a whole new system. What Flash would do is not necessarily what HTML will do.

domer_46530 Dec 31 2020 10:18 PM

Not a biggie BUT I lost all of my quests that I had completed in Flash Version 13 in the co-op 2 days until I could collect them and 5 in the regular version .... and NO I do not use game room .......... If this was the cost of saving the game and moving to HTLM5 great if not then it is a bug or something they didn't expect Again not a biggie but I wanted to make you aware so you could warn everyone. I looked at HTML5 if I can not use fuel for my tools I can not work even my farms until that part is released.......

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mberger78 (Post 6401942)
Taz,
*nods* ok. What was it you suggested I do, again. I can't seem to find my original post or your response among the other questions and replies. I'm not sure if it got deleted or if I'm over looking it. Its just not there anymore, it seems. Thanks again for all the help.

M. Berger

Hi M. Berger,
Log into Facebook and use the link in the left column to open Farm Town in Flash. Then you can click on the link in the banner to get to the Unity version.

mberger78 Dec 31 2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401958)
Hi M. Berger,
Log into Facebook and use the link in the left column to open Farm Town in Flash. Then you can click on the link in the banner to get to the Unity version.

Taz,

Ok, thanks. Have it copied down in a sticky note so I don't lose it again.

M. Berger

JNelson Dec 31 2020 10:22 PM

everything is TINY , some of us got old eyes, i hope not permanent
loading was slow also

ellenaussiefarm Dec 31 2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401930)
Hi ellenaussiefarm,
We have already contacted the developers about this. Hopefiully they can increase the size of the font.

thanks taz mean while ill just use flash or rest my nose on the screen :P :) <4 I would normaly read ect with my nose on a book or my ipad or phone screen LOL but it is better when I dont have to. happy new year to you and all the mods and devs with love from australia xx

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domer_46530 (Post 6401954)
Not a biggie BUT I lost all of my quests that I had completed in Flash Version 13 in the co-op 2 days until I could collect them and 5 in the regular version .... and NO I do not use game room .......... If this was the cost of saving the game and moving to HTLM5 great if not then it is a bug or something they didn't expect Again not a biggie but I wanted to make you aware so you could warn everyone. I looked at HTML5 if I can not use fuel for my tools I can not work even my farms until that part is released.......

Hi domer,
The quest problem has nothing to do with the migration. It is the New Years glitch we have had for years that the quests in the chart disappear. The quests are still there just not showing in the chart. You can still work them and collect your FC in the Flash version, even though you can't see them. They will show up again sometime tomorrow as usual.
The use of fuel has been suspended, so you can use your tools without using any fuel.
"we have disabled the fuel consumption for all the tools in the game until we introduce the Facilities."

MOM GLENDA Dec 31 2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401926)
Hi Mom Glenda,
The first time you load it then it will be slow as it has to download all the new graphics for it.
Everything we had before will be coming back. Just have to wait as they complete each function.

thanks i can wait. i love the way everything looks . own all the biggest tools love that they are all working .happy new year to all of you thanks Raul and your team for all your hard work

ellenaussiefarm Dec 31 2020 10:26 PM

happy new year everyone and happy farming

Daisy-A-Day Dec 31 2020 10:30 PM

Thank you for all your hard work.

Mister-T Dec 31 2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6401822)
Hi Mister = T,
The first time you load it all the graphics have to be downloaded to your browser, so that is why it is slow the first time.

Hi Taz. Figured that was the issue first time around. My old laptop also worked fine loading the game.

Thanks for replying and Happy New Year to all! :)

Everyone be patient as the bugs get worked out.

MoonPriestess Dec 31 2020 10:38 PM

always stop here

Once gave this error

any Ideas how to fix? this is the latest Firfox, chrome latest dosn't respond at all
thank you

earlgray Dec 31 2020 10:42 PM

OK, I tried it and it's pretty good, aside from the tiny type, as well as a few minor glitches, as can be expected. What I didn't anticipate is that HTML5 seems to put a lot more stress on my CPU (I'm using a 2013 MacBook Pro), and the fan starts running really fast after only a few minutes, which never happened with the Flash version. I know this is not a FarmTown problem, but I'm wondering if others are experiencing this, and if anyone has any useful thoughts about it. I tried it in both Chrome and Firebox, and the same thing happened.

DeboraD Dec 31 2020 10:43 PM

Wonderful!

Well I, for one, am extremely impressed with the work you all put into saving the best farming game ever!!! I love this game and thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
Tried new version, love it, so far so good huh?:D

Taz D Dec 31 2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonPriestess (Post 6402006)
always stop here

Once gave this error

any Ideas how to fix? this is the latest Firfox, chrome latest dosn't respond at all
thank you

Hi MoonPriestess,
I am using Firefox and it is working fine. Do you have any plug-ins enabled that may be stopping it from loading. You may want to disable each one at a time and then try loading it to see if it will load.
You will need to try the same thing in your Chrome.

spoiler1041 Dec 31 2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgray (Post 6402014)
OK, I tried it and it's pretty good, aside from the tiny type, as well as a few minor glitches, as can be expected. What I didn't anticipate is that HTML5 seems to put a lot more stress on my CPU (I'm using a 2013 MacBook Pro), and the fan starts running really fast after only a few minutes, which never happened with the Flash version. I know this is not a FarmTown problem, but I'm wondering if others are experiencing this, and if anyone has any useful thoughts about it. I tried it in both Chrome and Firebox, and the same thing happened.

have same issue. flash allowed setting quality to low which helped some. Hope that option just isnt known yet.