Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- June 30th, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630086)

Shellgirlmtl Jun 30 2017 04:52 PM

Thank you Raul

Thank you Raul...

Post-Release Updates - June 30th, 5:00PM

- We reverted back the change about the 'Show Decorations' preference hiding all the paths in the farm, in the future we will create a separate 'Show Paths' option for this.

You're the Best!!!...

Orx Jun 30 2017 05:03 PM

Thanks for the update and all the new things. It is great now to see what crop you are harvesting. Look forward to finding out more about how the facilities chains.

mrschar Jun 30 2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6173206)
Question about the Unfinished House. That sounds very cool but I'm having trouble finding what goes with it. If I search for it - or sort alphabetically, there aren't any "items beneath it".

Susan, you just have to keep scrolling down in the "Other" store until you find it and then right after it you'll see windows, doors, lights that you can put with it. I would like know how they know it's page 11, because I can't see any page numbers.

mrschar Jun 30 2017 05:08 PM

I love the concept of designing the Unfinished House, and I found the house and items after it. But I do not understand 'Each page in the store contains 8 items." Does this mean that if I go to other stores like Fun, Farm Deco, People, and scroll down, we will see other items that we can use with it? I am totally confused.I have no idea what to look for or where to look. It's like a puzzle.

mindyj5 Jun 30 2017 05:12 PM

Since this happened at the same time as the release, maybe it's related. I tried to work my friend's facs and clients, it says it is reserved for friends only. We are friends and neighbors. Is there something she can try to fix this?

Tiger Jun 30 2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrschar (Post 6173390)
I love the concept of designing the Unfinished House, and I found the house and items after it. But I do not understand 'Each page in the store contains 8 items." Does this mean that if I go to other stores like Fun, Farm Deco, People, and scroll down, we will see other items that we can use with it? I am totally confused.I have no idea what to look for or where to look. It's like a puzzle.

Hi mrschar,

When you open any section of the store, you can immediately see 8 items in total in view. Those 8 items are one "page". If you click the scroll bar to the right it will scroll down to the next 8 items, which is the next "page".

The 15 decorations for the house are the ones showing right after the house. All in the "Other" section, no where else.

Docperk Jun 30 2017 05:16 PM

Thanks for the update.

Tiger Jun 30 2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindyj5 (Post 6173394)
Since this happened at the same time as the release, maybe it's related. I tried to work my friend's facs and clients, it says it is reserved for friends only. We are friends and neighbors. Is there something she can try to fix this?

Hi mindyj5,

Please double check that you are still friends on Facebook.

If you are still friends after checking please also try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try thier facility work requests again.

mindyj5 Jun 30 2017 05:22 PM

Yeah, we did that this morning. We are friends, we both cleared cache. Now she said none of her friends can work her facs.

Tiger Jun 30 2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindyj5 (Post 6173414)
Yeah, we did that this morning. We are friends, we both cleared cache. Now she said none of her friends can work her facs.

Hi mindyj5,

Any chance she can log onto the forum and post herself so we can work with her? Does she see friends in places like the neighbours tab, for gifting and train boosting?

RoseArienh Jun 30 2017 05:41 PM

I love it when I'm oblivious and not even waiting for an update. The unfinished house looks like fun! Thanks once again for a wonderful game.

mindyj5 Jun 30 2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6173418)
Hi mindyj5,

Any chance she can log onto the forum and post herself so we can work with her? Does she see friends in places like the neighbours tab, for gifting and train boosting?

Yeah, she has to be walked through it which is why I posted for her. It will be later on as she can't right now. Thanks!

Dulcinea Jun 30 2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 6173054)
b) Highlight frustrations and inaccuracies has always been present in the game, the highlighting experience should be much better now, there should be no more circling the mouse over an item trying to highlight it, it should work well with smaller, bigger and with ground items like patches. Also, items are highlighted much faster when you mouse over them.

Thank you! I tried it on my farms with trees along the edges. Those have always been the hardest to get, and I had no trouble with them whatsoever. :)

Quote:

7. Local Facility Chains: This is a functionality that will be released in the next few months, we should have the first part ready for the next release, here are some of the rules so far although some of these may change...

We'll have to wait till the release before we judge, but that seriously sounds like more trouble than it'd be worth for me.

Quote:

- We reverted back the change about the 'Show Decorations' preference hiding all the paths in the farm, in the future we will create a separate 'Show Paths' option for this.

Good to know we'll finally have a way to hide paths. :)

Momma Woods Jun 30 2017 06:03 PM

I am disappointed that the Unfinished House is a decoration. I would like for mine to show all the time. Also I can't get but one door to show on the house where I want to put them. Boo Hoo

LizaLee Jun 30 2017 06:53 PM

Thank you for the updates:)

mastermouse Jun 30 2017 06:59 PM

the unfinished house is a cute idea but the decorations don't all stay on the house...they hide behind the house. I have put mine in storage for now and planted crops in the space

ps. thanks for the new farm!

Snookie Sue Jun 30 2017 07:19 PM

I have been noticing and appreciating the much faster harvest/ plow/ sow aspect of your recent work on the game. Loving it. Many thanks guys.

guess who Jun 30 2017 08:41 PM

The unfinished house only showed in others after I typed it in search. but none of the 15 associated decorations are showing. And do not know what to look for.

Taz D Jun 30 2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guess who (Post 6173498)
The unfinished house only showed in others after I typed it in search. but none of the 15 associated decorations are showing. And do not know what to look for.

Hi guess who,
Instead of doing the search open the Other section of the store then click 10 times in the scroll bar. that will get you to the house and all the associated decorations are listed after it.

Aussie Rae Jun 30 2017 10:54 PM

I am experiencing problems with ft saving at the moment, was hired to work from market, to do trees, flowers and waters, now the game is stuck in saving mode, with the numbers growing, from 1 to now 10 in red, numbers are increasing all the time.......the game plug is flashing from online to offline, loading farm bar at the moment, the bonus I finally got, but now the screen is completely green.. so I cannot let the farmer who hired me know what has happened.. this is the first time this has happened to me, Windows 10, Google Chrome, intel core i7 computer, 8GB RAM, :(

Taz D Jun 30 2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6173538)
I am experiencing problems with ft saving at the moment, was hired to work from market, to do trees, flowers and waters, now the game is stuck in saving mode, with the numbers growing, from 1 to now 10 in red, numbers are increasing all the time.......the game plug is flashing from online to offline, loading farm bar at the moment, the bonus I finally got, but now the screen is completely green.. so I cannot let the farmer who hired me know what has happened.. this is the first time this has happened to me, Windows 10, Google Chrome, intel core i7 computer, 8GB RAM, :(

Hi Aussie Rae,
The only thing I can suggest is to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the links in that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Aussie Rae Jun 30 2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6173542)
Hi Aussie Rae,
The only thing I can suggest is to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the links in that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

luckily the message I sent him got through, he messaged back and said he had lost power.. but that should have no affect on my end of the game.. I did get the bonus for that farm, but he will have to hire someone to finish the rest of them.. I have done a few jobs for other farmers since reloading the game and had no further problems, must have been a glitch... not to worry.. stuff happens as they say, :)

Taz D Jun 30 2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6173546)
luckily the message I sent him got through, he messaged back and said he had lost power.. but that should have no affect on my end of the game.. I did get the bonus for that farm, but he will have to hire someone to finish the rest of them.. I have done a few jobs for other farmers since reloading the game and had no further problems, must have been a glitch... not to worry.. stuff happens as they say, :)

Hi Aussie Rae,
His losing power would have no effect on you as you are playing through the server, not his computer.

ccheney Jun 30 2017 11:47 PM

I'm working with the unfinished house. I have windows on but the doors no matter where you try to put them disappear right through the house.

Taz D Jul 01 2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 6173554)
I'm working with the unfinished house. I have windows on but the doors no matter where you try to put them disappear right through the house.

Hi ccheney,
Just like any of the decorations you have to play with it to get them in the right location so they will stay visible.

ccheney Jul 01 2017 12:18 AM

I had to keep moving the house until I got it to where the decorations will show. What good is it if I can only put the house in spot on a farm?
]
\

\

TribalCat Jul 01 2017 06:11 AM

Unfinished houses

I bought two of the unfinished houses, one facing right and the other facing left. I'm able to add the doors and windows and light fixtures to the one facing right, but when I try to add the door (any of the doors) to the house facing left, the door ends up underneath the house. The windows are working fine.

JoSinger Jul 01 2017 06:13 AM

Thanks for the Hide Decorations fix:) VERY MUCH APPRECIATED:)

RoseArienh Jul 01 2017 08:20 AM

Oh my - had no trouble adding doors and windows to the house. And then I decided to rotate the house to add to the other side. Guess I'd better decide where the house's "forever" place should be first.

Not my ideal, but I do have to laugh at what must have been the expression on my face.

mastermouse Jul 01 2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 6173554)

I had the same issue..finally gave up..you could get the door on and the window disappeared...started over and got the windows on and the door disappeared..
not worth the hassle

knolan Jul 01 2017 09:28 AM

Unfinished House

Why don't you put the new items at the beginning or the end of the sections in the store? I am still unfamiliar with many items in the 'Other', 'Farm Decor' and some of the other categories because I don't have time to go thru the entire section page by page. New items should be easy to find, so that each time I want to look for anything newer, I will know to look at the beginning or the end of the sections. How many items are in the 'Other' or 'Farm Decor' sections? I have a feeling I'm not the only one that feels that way. There are too many items in those categories & somehow they should be broken down even more.

Angel7 Jul 01 2017 11:41 AM

THANK YOU so much for changing back the train tracks - you guys ROCK.....

bgfarmer Jul 01 2017 04:16 PM

new chain

I am interested in doing the new chain as stated in the recent update. However, I really did not understand how it works. :confused: Hopeing someone can explain it to me and/or be team player with me.

Taz D Jul 01 2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgfarmer (Post 6173770)
I am interested in doing the new chain as stated in the recent update. However, I really did not understand how it works. :confused: Hopeing someone can explain it to me and/or be team player with me.

Hi bgfarmer,
It hasn't been released yet and won't be for a few months. We will have to wait for the developers to explain more and release it.

Jan Edwards Jul 01 2017 06:09 PM

Designing your own house still has bugs, one direction door/window goes behind the house.

knolan Jul 01 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastermouse (Post 6173630)
I had the same issue..finally gave up..you could get the door on and the window disappeared...started over and got the windows on and the door disappeared..
not worth the hassle

My door did not disappear. I put it in the center of the house. The house was facing with the front door facing the right side of the farm. Was your house facing toward the left side?

knolan Jul 01 2017 06:17 PM

Thank you !!

Thank you for adding the crop info while we're using the new harvest/plow/sow (faster technique). Thank you so very very much, I needed that desperately, I will now be able to get my Quest crops done faster. Great Job guys!!

Auntie Al Jul 01 2017 09:07 PM

Bought the new blank house and the blue door disappeared behind it when I tried to place it. Farm 18.

Taz D Jul 01 2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie Al (Post 6173814)
Bought the new blank house and the blue door disappeared behind it when I tried to place it. Farm 18.

Hi Auntie Al,
Only thing you can do is just move around until you can find the right way for it to stay where you want it. It is the same as all the decorations in that way.

jm3810@msn.com Jul 01 2017 10:33 PM

Have not been able to empty my gift box since up-date, therefore can not accept any of the gifts I have waiting. It looks like it empties but next move tells me gift box is full and i need to empty it