Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 5th, 2012 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487882)

Grammy 11 May 18 2012 11:42 AM

Why has belt bonus limit gone down to 5,000,000 from 12,000,000? (If this has a better place to be, please move it there.)

JohnAlbertini May 18 2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiefry (Post 5158746)
How often do they do updates? It looks like on average about every 3 weeks??? Im just so in need of more farms....lol Crossing fingers farm 15 in next update but if 3 weeks is right looks like we still got another week. Is them closing this thread another clue of an update coming?
Sorry been playing for a couple of years with some breaks here and there but never been to forom much.

It's closer to 3.5 to 4 weeks between. The history has been new levels every other update and a new farm about every third update.

That would mean 25 new levels in about another week or two and about 5-6 weeks to Farm 15.

They have been allowing more expansions from 24x24 to 30x30 in some farms but they cost so much that it takes forever to earn the 3-5 billion coins needed. I have EVERY coin facility, many FC facilities, many tools, 14 farms all expanded to large extents and it takes me about two weeks to earn ONE billion coins!

They REALLY need to increase the release of new levels to something like 30 or more EVERY update to make playing more rewarding. As it is I've EARNED more than double the XP of the current top level of 335 but will not GET the almost 200 levels they represent dribbled out over well in excess of a year, more like 18 months. The frustration is I've EARNED those XP but they are useless until new levels get released at the current snail's pace.

So don't hold your breath for new farms or levels. They come but very slowly. And who knows when they will stop issuing new farms altogether?!

The other issue currently is all the new facilities that use crops we can grow cost FC but ones that cost coins need FC facilities to provide inputs?! They are making the game improvements almost exclusively for those who have REAL $ to spend and don't seem to care one wit about the rest of us.

Taz D May 18 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5158862)
Why has belt bonus limit gone down to 5,000,000 from 12,000,000? (If this has a better place to be, please move it there.)

The belt bonus levels have never been 12,000,000. This is what was released in December:
Maximun 12 hour earning cap increased: Currently you can earn up to 1,000,000 coins every 12 hour from Ingredient Posts and another 1,000,000 coins every 12 hour from Bonus Posts. For users in higher levels instead of 1,000,000 this limit will be increased as follows:

Levels 100-199 -> 3,000,000 coins
Levels 200-299 -> 4,000,000 coins
Levels 300-399 -> 5,000,000 coins

kataltay May 18 2012 02:05 PM

The expansions beyond 24x24 all come with a clearly typed warning before we purchase, that these larger farms can compromise the performance of the game on these larger farms, so, to say you had no idea enlarging to 30x30 would slow things down, means you failed to read this caveat. Each farm expansion I paid for, I did so knowing the risks, willing to handle them. It's the slowness on the unexpanded farms that I wish developers would look into.

Tuckertbnc May 18 2012 02:22 PM

I've noticed the slowness too :rolleyes:
but .. they did warn us that expanding that big would cause a farm to 'act' slow like a multi layered - crowded treed , flowered farm .....

I've fully expanded my farms 1 , 2, 3 and made them my 2 'factory' farms + quest farm .... so slowness on those 3 doesn't affect my playing because I only harvest trees and flowers on those 3 ... but the slowness on my other farms HAS to be because they are expanded ..

I don't 'stack' crops , flowers, and trees or buildings etc on top of each other .. I do stack layer my crop areas but that's never affected the game before ..

I have 8 farms for growing crops , the other 6 have just buildings trees and flowers plus decorations ...:p and farm 15 will just be made into some kind of town to put out more of my decorations ..

:D I just LOVE this game !!

jkmyer May 18 2012 10:16 PM

is there a way to make a list and keep it to selected neighbors to send gifts and bonus.

Docperk May 18 2012 10:25 PM

This is probably a question for StoneFace since he has stats on everything but anyone can answer.
My farm 4 is still ad 24x24 because I have it surrounded by seacoast. I haven't wanted to expand it cause I want to be able to keep it surrounded what I want to know is, is the 30x30 big enough to be able to add another small seacoast on each side to keep it surrounded? I actually have 2 large seacoast on front sides and 4 small ones on the back sides but I figure at some point I should be able to squeeze a small one in there.
Anybody have any figures on this?

thanks

StoneFace May 18 2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docperk (Post 5159290)
This is probably a question for StoneFace since he has stats on everything but anyone can answer.
My farm 4 is still ad 24x24 because I have it surrounded by seacoast. I haven't wanted to expand it cause I want to be able to keep it surrounded what I want to know is, is the 30x30 big enough to be able to add another small seacoast on each side to keep it surrounded? I actually have 2 large seacoast on front sides and 4 small ones on the back sides but I figure at some point I should be able to squeeze a small one in there.

thanks

If... you only place the coasts end to end, you can have 5 small seacoasts on one side of a 30x30

and

only 2 large seacoasts on one side of a 30x30.... there is not quite enough room to have 2 large and one small on one side of a 30x30

however... if you use the dirt path and overlap the ends, you could easily have a Large-Small-Large.

Docperk May 18 2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5159298)
If... you only place the coasts end to end, you can have 5 small seacoasts on one side of a 30x30

and

only 2 large seacoasts on one side of a 30x30.... there is not quite enough room to have 2 large and one small on one side of a 30x30

however... if you use the dirt path and overlap the ends, you could easily have a Large-Small-Large.

Thank you StoneFace that was what I was looking for.

Taz D May 19 2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 5159282)
is there a way to make a list and keep it to selected neighbors to send gifts and bonus.

You can make a list in Facebook that you can use for sending gifts by going to the last tab (Facebook Lists I think it is) after you select the gift and click on Proceed to send.

1fritz May 19 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

thanks

I have my farm 2 expanded to 30 x 30 and two large and one small seacoast are exactly the right length .

Docperk May 19 2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fritz (Post 5159550)
I have my farm 2 expanded to 30 x 30 and two large and one small seacoast are exactly the right length .

Yep that is what I did on mine. Now I just got to move everything else... :)

knolan May 19 2012 09:44 AM

I would prefer increased harvest amts of animals, increase the # of animals in 1 bldg, or be able to add extra bldgs on same farm & be active for harvesting. We need increased production of basic ingredients to match supply & demand when they add new facilities.

knotroot42 May 19 2012 10:53 AM

:)how do i change the avatars name?????

SunnyD May 19 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knotroot42 (Post 5159642)
:)how do i change the avatars name?????

look on the tabs on top of your farm it has one that says "Account" click on that and you can change your avatar name there type the name and sex of the avatar then click on change.......

1fritz May 19 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docperk (Post 5159578)
Yep that is what I did on mine. Now I just got to move everything else... :)

And that's what I love about Farm Town. Always changing, just gets better and better.

Happy Farming

driverdave May 19 2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5158502)
Yep, his router was reset, and he's keeping great time. It appears to be something going around with all of the comments on the forum.... Hard to imagine he didn't catch it in FarmTown, since he's not the only avitar that appears to be sick....

a question......is your flash player version current ???? i know there was an update to flash recently .....it could be the answer

Fred1716 May 20 2012 07:57 AM

making a construction platform just for overlapping stuff would be a very useful thing. the way it is now does work for me and i thank them for adding it back in.

Simera May 20 2012 10:29 AM

I don't know where to post this, other than here. My daughter bought herself an I-pad, and she's not able to go into FarmTown anymore. . . with her I-pad. What does she have to do, please?

Regards
Simera

Taz D May 20 2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simera (Post 5160642)
I don't know where to post this, other than here. My daughter bought herself an I-pad, and she's not able to go into FarmTown anymore. . . with her I-pad. What does she have to do, please?

Regards
Simera

The I-pad does not have Flash Player so we have never been able to use the I-pad to get into Farm Town.

jkmyer May 20 2012 04:00 PM

My husband and I are having a discussion. How do you know what having the retail store pays? I say that selling out of the factory is like selling wholesale and selling from the retail shop is like selling retail with a profit, He says that the retail is grouping them together and they sell for the same price, Are either of us correct. Or is there any place that we can see the retail prices. thanks for the help.

Tony D May 20 2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 5160854)
My husband and I are having a discussion. How do you know what having the retail store pays? I say that selling out of the factory is like selling wholesale and selling from the retail shop is like selling retail with a profit, He says that the retail is grouping them together and they sell for the same price, Are either of us correct. Or is there any place that we can see the retail prices. thanks for the help.

Hi, there is around 50% Mark up for selling the products through the service facilities.

jkmyer May 20 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 5160858)
Hi, there is around 50% Mark up for selling the products through the service facilities.

thanks I didn't realize it was that much but I was sure there was a mark up.

Tony D May 20 2012 10:28 PM

Hi I thought I should double check ... This is from the April 2011 release when they first released the Service Facilities..

9. Service Facilities: These are a new type of facilities that will not produce any tangible goods but instead will allow you to make coins by providing a service. It works similar to the current facilities, the difference is that you don't start any production on them, but rather load them with products so they can provide a service.

You can check the "What's in Stock" tab and see what is still in stock, what has been used and to Cash Out the coins you have made for whatever have been used so far. You will make about 50% more profit by loading the products into the service facilities and then Cashing Out later, compared to just selling the products in the market.

charlies4ng3ls May 21 2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 5160854)

Nice to see some couples having 'discussions' but as usual the woman is ALWAYS right! lol .... ;)

jcassemjr May 21 2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5157954)
My poor avatar is sick! He is moving so slowly these days. I've taken him to the Dr, had his Cache cleared, his Macromedia files cleared, took him to the FarmTown Clinic, had everything "unset", even knocked him out for a good nights sleep by shutting down the computer all night with it unplugged and battery out, but he is still moving so slow. Dr said he doesn't have a virus. I don't know what else to do!

Poor little guy is moving so slow, and he has had to refill all of the facilities multiple times, because even though I helped him in facility manager fill them, and they were all at 100%, when we revisit them after everything is saved, they are back down to where they were, plus additional products are finished.

Anybody know a good voodoo Dr or developer that can heal him? I don't like seeing him like this!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I had indeed already done all of them before posting, and my little guy was getting sicker and sicker.:( I gave him a rest for 2 days, to watch my son play soccer. I'm happy to say that my little avatar seems to be on mend. Today he worked almost at his usual speed, but still had trouble remembering all of the filling instructions in the Facility Manager. He did about half of them, even though I gave him the instructions really slowly waiting for each facility picture to reappear before I gave him the instructions to fill the next one. He only did about half of them, but that is better than him not remember any of them!

Hopefully, after he gets more rest this weekend since I will be at the Indianapolis 500, he will be rick back to normal! And, if he had a new Farm to plant or a train to build to get the paper rolls that he needs, since a paper mill on each farm is not enough, I'm sure he would be flying high and loving life!:rolleyes:

Tuckertbnc May 21 2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

thanks

:)
If you visit my farms and go to my farm 14 you can see where I've put large and small seacoasts around the edges .. trying to make it look kinda like a island ... :D still working on it .. but it will give you an idea .... its expanded as big as I can get it ....

kahra01 May 21 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5161926)
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I had indeed already done all of them before posting, and my little guy was getting sicker and sicker.:( I gave him a rest for 2 days, to watch my son play soccer. I'm happy to say that my little avatar seems to be on mend. Today he worked almost at his usual speed, but still had trouble remembering all of the filling instructions in the Facility Manager. He did about half of them, even though I gave him the instructions really slowly waiting for each facility picture to reappear before I gave him the instructions to fill the next one. He only did about half of them, but that is better than him not remember any of them!

Hopefully, after he gets more rest this weekend since I will be at the Indianapolis 500, he will be rick back to normal! And, if he had a new Farm to plant or a train to build to get the paper rolls that he needs, since a paper mill on each farm is not enough, I'm sure he would be flying high and loving life!:rolleyes:

LOL same thing happened to me, believe me I feel your pain.. drove me nuts... in the end I just unplugged my mouse, gave it 10 seconds, put it back in, let it install itself again and all was great again!

dnana May 22 2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmyer (Post 5159282)

On your HOME page in FB, look down to the left and click FRIENDS. Up at the top of that page is a box that says CREATE LIST. Click it and name your list whatever will help you remember what it's for, mine are FT1, FT2 and so on. Now comes the hard part...you have to remember all your neighbors names, lol. What I do is type the letter a and it brings up a list of friends with 'a' in their names, so you just pick who you want, and go thru the alphabet that way. Remember that the game limit is 50, I make my lists 30 or so. When you have it all set with who you want, go into the game and go to SEND GIFTS. Pick your gift then PROCEED TO SEND, as usual, but click on the FACEBOOK FRIENDS LIST on the last tab, then open the little box that says SELECT A FRIEND LIST at the left and pick your list. Click their names and send! :)

1234567 May 22 2012 11:01 AM

Facilities sinking

How do you get the facilities you already have on your farm to quit sinking? You fixed it, but I can not get mine to not doing it.

KnightRider May 22 2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1234567 (Post 5162682)
How do you get the facilities you already have on your farm to quit sinking? You fixed it, but I can not get mine to not doing it.

I don't have problems with the facilities, the only thing I find that still sinks is the railroad tracks.

Tony D May 22 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1234567 (Post 5162682)

Hi , what are they sinking into, what have you placed them on ?

psycho_mommi May 23 2012 02:46 AM

isn't it almost time for a sneaky ninja mod to close this thread??? just sayin'... :D:D:D

Grumpa May 23 2012 04:02 AM

NA no close thread. there are plenty of minutes sor us farmers to have majot problems with this update.

like a tornado. farms being dry, you know those kinds of problems.

Satis May 23 2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc (Post 5162034)
:)
If you visit my farms and go to my farm 14 you can see where I've put large and small seacoasts around the edges .. trying to make it look kinda like a island ... :D still working on it .. but it will give you an idea .... its expanded as big as I can get it ....

It's very pretty!

Audrey45 May 23 2012 09:44 PM

I think it is time to close this out and bring on the good stuff lol

Tony D May 23 2012 11:15 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback on the last release :)

I am closing this thread now.