Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

Rugged Barbie Feb 20 2014 10:25 AM

Quests soon yielding FC or Ingredients

I'm a Questie! I love them! I have a couple of questions about them and the soon to come FC or Ingredients.

What are the rules going to be?
1. How many Quests back will be used to qualify for 'recent' Quest performance? How is my performance going to be graded?
2. Do I get graded on speed of completion? For example the Quest states I have 7 days to complete it and this one is multiple steps including producing champagne barrels, champagne aged 5 years, then making a item for the airline food? If I used a lifeline and it will be completed in a matter of hours but if I use the regular facility loading and waiting it could take several days.
3. If speed is graded, is it to my benefit to use lifelines - especially the employee when I can run someone's factories and pick up ingredients and items in 10 minutes or is it the same if I load the factory that produces those ingredients? The latter, of course takes much longer.
4. When the Quest is completed, does 'when' I click redeem or complete that the Quest is ended or simply when the Quest is completed on the program?

Love this game, thank the Developers and love the Moderators!

Taz D Feb 20 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie (Post 5778926)
I'm a Questie! I love them! I have a couple of questions about them and the soon to come FC or Ingredients.

What are the rules going to be?
1. How many Quests back will be used to qualify for 'recent' Quest performance? How is my performance going to be graded?
2. Do I get graded on speed of completion? For example the Quest states I have 7 days to complete it and this one is multiple steps including producing champagne barrels, champagne aged 5 years, then making a item for the airline food? If I used a lifeline and it will be completed in a matter of hours but if I use the regular facility loading and waiting it could take several days.
3. If speed is graded, is it to my benefit to use lifelines - especially the employee when I can run someone's factories and pick up ingredients and items in 10 minutes or is it the same if I load the factory that produces those ingredients? The latter, of course takes much longer.
4. When the Quest is completed, does 'when' I click redeem or complete that the Quest is ended or simply when the Quest is completed on the program?

Only the developers know how it will work at present and they haven't said. I am sure Raul will post how it will work when it is implemented.

Elphnizz Feb 21 2014 08:40 AM

employee lifeline

This is probably the wrong place, but maybe someone can help. I was under the understanding that if you have the employee lifeline you can work at a friend's facility, however EVERY time I get that lifeline and do the work at a friend's facility, I get nothing.

Taz D Feb 21 2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphnizz (Post 5779606)
This is probably the wrong place, but maybe someone can help. I was under the understanding that if you have the employee lifeline you can work at a friend's facility, however EVERY time I get that lifeline and do the work at a friend's facility, I get nothing.

It would also depend on that friend producing the product you need in their facility.

Rugged Barbie Feb 21 2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphnizz (Post 5779606)

Yes to what dah Taz said re. your friend has to have that product in production, but don't forget that if you have to produce something that has stainless steel in it then you must first start production and finish the Iron Ore and Chromite Ore steps. Only when those ingredients are completed can you then work someone's factory and complete the step for producing stainless steel sheets. If the product contains corn you must first harvest corn then the factory requiring the corn step will be completed once you work it. :(

Eradani Feb 23 2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie (Post 5778926)

i think you have to redeem the quest to stop the clock.

i've been getting 10-15 million for quests but last night i forgot to redeem the quest and this morning i only got 4 million for it.

Taz D Feb 23 2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5780374)
i think you have to redeem the quest to stop the clock.

i've been getting 10-15 million for quests but last night i forgot to redeem the quest and this morning i only got 4 million for it.

The amount you get depends on how many steps it has and how quickly you finish it. The clock stops when the last step is complete.

Eradani Mar 02 2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5780434)
The amount you get depends on how many steps it has and how quickly you finish it. The clock stops when the last step is complete.

that's really useful to know. i don't have to stay up and wait for the completion then :)

Dear Random Number Generator

it took me a while to find this post again and in the meantime i have had nothing but 2 and 3 step quests. i appreciate your sense of irony but plz let me go back to long quests. kkthxbye

haha

slartismum Mar 05 2014 07:13 PM

employees or just myself?

If I have a field of crops that I need for a quest. if I hire someone to harvest it, does it count towards the quest or do I have to harvest it myself?

JW2009 Mar 05 2014 07:41 PM

Hi, you need to harvest the correct amount for your quest yourself. if you hire, it will NOT count.
Thank You と Happy Farming™ シ
Quote:

Originally Posted by slartismum (Post 5783626)
If I have a field of crops that I need for a quest. if I hire someone to harvest it, does it count towards the quest or do I have to harvest it myself?