Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- May 5th, 2012 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487882)

Rob T May 15 2012 07:35 PM

Hi,

We've let the developers know about the help system not working, hopefully it will be resolved soon :)

jpeg101 May 15 2012 08:53 PM

not sure if this can be solved here but, i cannot see any posts for work in facilites or my posts for work on the facebook home page, i see mine on my timeline but not the home page, yes i have done all the recomended clearing and clean up. i use google chrome and never had a problem with it until this release. i am on WF-8, ty ty

Taz D May 15 2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeg101 (Post 5156274)
not sure if this can be solved here but, i cannot see any posts for work in facilites or my posts for work on the facebook home page, i see mine on my timeline but not the home page, yes i have done all the recomended clearing and clean up. i use google chrome and never had a problem with it until this release. i am on WF-8, ty ty

For the others posts on your home page check your blocked list. Hover mouse over Newsfeed in the left column and look for pen symbol. Click on that and choose edit settings. Find Farm Town in the list and click the X next to it.
For your posts read the part in the following link about Time Line:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442958

WilliamV May 15 2012 10:41 PM

Has the size of the Gift Box been reduced since yesterday ? It says gift box full at 98.

Docperk May 15 2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamV (Post 5156362)
Has the size of the Gift Box been reduced since yesterday ? It says gift box full at 98.

I don't think so, I just received 145, and that was the limit had a couple of others that said gift box was full.

adinar May 15 2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 5143178)
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at May 15th, 5:30PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Mother's Day items: All 6 new items are in the Store.

2. 30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

3. Floor Level items support: This feature should fix the "sinking" items in the paths and roads. You should now be able to put any items over any paths (including train interceptions) and it should display correctly. Rivers/Ponds should have less issues as well. You should also be able to put items over these other "floor level items" without issues:

Helicopter Pad
Big Blue Picnic Blanket
Big Pink Picnic Blanket
Big Red Picnic Blanket
Floral Picnic Blanket
Hollow Land
Snow Patches

4. 4 new Crops and 1 new Tree:

Crops: Yerba Mate, Hibiscus, Rose Hip and Passion Fruit.
Acacia Tree: Produces Gum Arabic.

5. Pizza Rush Minigame (Coming next week): Memory enhancing minigame with Practice and Multiplayer support already enabled. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to make pizzas for your customers with the right ingredients.

6. Trains: We are still working on the Freight Trains, they will be ready on the next release, in the meantime there is a new Green Passenger Locomotive and Wagon in the Motion Cagetogy in the Store.

7. Sprinkler bug while watering flowers in 28 x 28 farms is now fixed.

8. 5 new Tea Blends in the Tea Factory:

White Tea Bag
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend

9. Shipping Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Shipping Supplies. You can obtain Gum Arabic by harvesting the Acacia Trees.

Kraft Tubes
Letter Envelopes
Document Envelope
Farmtown Stamp Roll
Pallet
Mailbox Rentals
Adhesive Tape
Hand Stamping Machine

10. Herbal Tea Factory (FC): Produces Herbal Teas.

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade
Strawberry Herbal Tea Lemonade
Spice Herbal Tea
Raspberry Mate Herbal Tea
Orange Blossom Herbal Tea

11. Post Office (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with all products from the Shipping Supplies Factory.

12. Tea House (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Tea Spoon Collection: This is a new product made in the Cookware Factory
Porcelain Golden Cup: This is an old product made in the Ceramic Factory
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend
Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade
Strawberry Herbal Tea Lemonade
Spice Herbal Tea
Raspberry Mate Herbal Tea
Orange Blossom Herbal Tea

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - May 7th, 3:00AM EST

- Dirt Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.
- Acacia Tree, Plantain Tree, Cedar and Bamboo Tree can now be rotated.

Post Release Updates - May 7th, 6:10PM EST

- Cedar and Bamboo show correct image when rotated.
- Passion Fruit new crop and Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade.
- Stone Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

Post Release Updates - May 15th, 5:30PM EST

- Passion Fruit herbal tea added to the Tea House

Known Issues

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.

why not post beside them o=original and n=new so then farmers would know which to get?

maggiel29 May 16 2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 5156182)
Hi,

We've let the developers know about the help system not working, hopefully it will be resolved soon :)

Hi Rob - Its working fine for me this morning here in the UK :):):) - thank-you so much I depend on that to tell me how much stock of the ingredients I have. So useful.

marwahr55 May 16 2012 04:56 AM

Since this latest release I have noticed problems with the Facility Manager. Is anyone else having problems with it not working or else when it does work it's extremely slow?? :confused: thanks ... and yes I have cleared everything and done the maintenance on my computer so that is NOT the problem.

HelenJS22 May 16 2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marwahr55 (Post 5156546)
Since this latest release I have noticed problems with the Facility Manager. Is anyone else having problems with it not working or else when it does work it's extremely slow?? :confused: thanks ... and yes I have cleared everything and done the maintenance on my computer so that is NOT the problem.

I used mine a little while ago at the usual pace with no problem, so can't help.

Just one hint that I've had to do sometimes, even when I've done all the usual tricks, is to completely close down and reboot. That often gives my farm a kick along.

Freddie Freefarmer May 16 2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 5143178)

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.

How about a NEW item? Call it a "Construction Platform" or something like that? No confusion there...
Doesn't have to be pretty. Just a half or quarter sized plot square with x's on it, or the word 'Platform'?
Or 'Base'?

Freddie Freefarmer May 16 2012 08:50 AM

Also, I did have problems yesterday, mostly with Chrome. Sending gifts hung up a few times. IE and FF seemed better...
And, the game page loaded with hundreds of blank lines before the 'Report' line... seems ok now though...

Texas Belle May 16 2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeg101 (Post 5156274)

I had that same problem and went to home page to account settings, when you find farm town hit on the x to edit and be sure that you have "friends" highlighted. That should take care of it. If you have like "only ....." your friends on farm town will not be able to see your posts neither you will see the one from them. After this refresh your page and it will be done. Follow TAZ instructions too, he is very knowledgeable and helps a lot.

Texas Belle May 16 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marwahr55 (Post 5156546)

I've been having that problem specially when harvesting the animal sheds, I can do 2 maybe and then I have to wiggle the up and down bar and it does it again for 2 more and so on, very annoying, but then I thought it was my computer, lol

I do maintenance on mine every week, I installed that McKeeper who is supposed to keep the junk out and I use it every week to clean cache and all the other things that fall in that I don't want. It's really good tool. And when I get into FB every morning I clean my cache, but still slow.

Docperk May 16 2012 10:09 PM

Not sure if this is related to this latest release or part of the Facebook upgrade issues, probably Facebook, but I don't think I have seen any other post on it. Have tried with Chrome and Firefox and get the same error as I enter the game.

Facebook Session
TimeOut.Error XSESSION
Click the green tick
reload game.

Have others seen and reported this?

Tony D May 16 2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docperk (Post 5157274)
Not sure if this is related to this latest release or part of the Facebook upgrade issues, probably Facebook, but I don't think I have seen any other post on it. Have tried with Chrome and Firefox and get the same error as I enter the game.

Facebook Session
TimeOut.Error XSESSION
Click the green tick
reload game.

Hi, I have had that happen a couple of times , I just clicked and the tick and it loaded fine after that.

Docperk May 16 2012 10:33 PM

yep me too, just thought it needed to be reported if it hadn't been. :)

StoneFace May 16 2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docperk (Post 5157274)

Facebook Session
TimeOut.Error XSESSION
Click the green tick
reload game.

If I open the game, and it is time for the gift page to appear first, I send gifts, and get that message.

When I return to send more gifts, it does not appear the second, third etc time

rwi32 May 17 2012 09:21 AM

I just went from level 311 to 312. I had 19 cash dollars and when it went to level 312 it now shows only 10 cash dollars. where did my cash go?? That's a "Bummer"

JW2009 May 17 2012 09:42 AM

"Passion Fruit HT Lemonade is meant to be in the Tea Shop", if you look into your Tea House, you will see that you actually do have to load them in - Thank you & Happy Farming :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 5155430)
Well I suppose we could hope that the Devs have been drinking lots of the caffeinated Yerba Mate!!!
But Tony do you know if the Passion Fruit HT Lemonade is meant to be in the Tea Shop? Its on the list on page 1 here but maybe thats the boo boo as it is also in the "Non-ingredients" section of storage.

Taz D May 17 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwi32 (Post 5157850)
I just went from level 311 to 312. I had 19 cash dollars and when it went to level 312 it now shows only 10 cash dollars. where did my cash go?? That's a "Bummer"

Try clearing your cache, close your browser and reopen to your farm to check again. If it still doesn't show up then you will need to contact Support as no refunds/replacements can be done through the forums.
To contact Support go to your farm page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on Report/Contact this app and choose the first option. Fill out the form that opens up. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours up to a couple weeks depending on how many tickets they have in front of yours.

Taz D May 17 2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 5157878)
"Passion Fruit HT Lemonade is meant to be in the Tea Shop", if you look into your Tea House, you will see that you actually do have to load them in - Thank you & Happy Farming :)

It wasn't when she posted that.

StoneFace May 17 2012 10:07 AM

Speaking of tea...

I just read in my tea leaves..... new stuff getting released..... it looks like tonight, but if I drink left handed, it says August 2013.

hhmm

jcassemjr May 17 2012 11:25 AM

My poor avitar is sick! He is moving so slowly these days. I've taken him to the Dr, had his Cache cleared, his Macromedia files cleared, took him to the FarmTown Clinic, had everything "unset", even knocked him out for a good nights sleep by shutting down the computer all night with it unplugged and battery out, but he is still moving so slow. Dr said he doesn't have a virus. I don't know what else to do!

Poor little guy is moving so slow, and he has had to refill all of the facilities multiple times, because even though I helped him in facility manager fill them, and they were all at 100%, when we revisit them after everything is saved, they are back down to where they were, plus additional products are finished.

Anybody know a good voodoo Dr or developer that can heal him? I don't like seeing him like this!

KnightRider May 17 2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcassemjr (Post 5157954)
My poor avitar is sick! He is moving so slowly these days. I've taken him to the Dr, had his Cache cleared, his Macromedia files cleared, took him to the FarmTown Clinic, had everything "unset", even knocked him out for a good nights sleep by shutting down the computer all night with it unplugged and battery out, but he is still moving so slow. Dr said he doesn't have a virus. I don't know what else to do!

Poor little guy is moving so slow, and he has had to refill all of the facilities multiple times, because even though I helped him in facility manager fill them, and they were all at 100%, when we revisit them after everything is saved, they are back down to where they were, plus additional products are finished.

Anybody know a good voodoo Dr or developer that can heal him? I don't like seeing him like this!

Which browser do you use? Have you tried to use a different browser?

Taz D May 17 2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Did you reset his router? That can help too with any time outs. And since you took the battery out so he could get a good nights rest his date and time could be off which can also cause this too.

Texas Belle May 17 2012 06:28 PM

Well I don't know what is happening but today has been the pit...I have never had so much problem to seed and harvest. Slow like nothing before, and lots of plug in failure, takes a lot of time to go from one farm to the other. Hope it is because they are working and giving us this time a good release, but have to say, left the game a few times for me to cool off my annoyance, came back and still the same. Hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Texas Belle May 17 2012 06:30 PM

Oh and it is not my browser, I have the best an IMac and Safari and everything else works fine, so just waiting to see if tomorrow it will be better.

HelenJS22 May 17 2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5157898)
Speaking of tea...

I just read in my tea leaves..... new stuff getting released..... it looks like tonight, but if I drink left handed, it says August 2013.

hhmm

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._1324937_n.jpg

HelenJS22 May 17 2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Maybe you could take him to the FarmTown store and buy him a new outfit. That might cheer him up :D

Taz D May 17 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Belle (Post 5158370)
Oh and it is not my browser, I have the best an IMac and Safari and everything else works fine, so just waiting to see if tomorrow it will be better.

I don't have a Mac but several friends do and they sayy Safari is as slow as IE on Windows. They do make Mac versions of Firefox and Chrome that you could try.

kataltay May 17 2012 08:07 PM

I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox and IE 9, and I am experiencing the same extreme slowness mentioned above by Texas Belle. I am tired of seeing "saving" over and over and over, when all I may have done is place one item out of storage onto my farm, or placed one tree, path, etc. I cannot go from placing multiple anything to doing something else on the same farm, because the avatar demands "Wait, I'm busy" for far too long. Nothing is enjoyable or efficient lately, and what is worse is I have not seen anywhere an explanation for the recent deterioration in in-game performance, or any offer to investigate it.

Texas Belle May 17 2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5158458)
I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox and IE 9, and I am experiencing the same extreme slowness mentioned above by Texas Belle. I am tired of seeing "saving" over and over and over, when all I may have done is place one item out of storage onto my farm, or placed one tree, path, etc. I cannot go from placing multiple anything to doing something else on the same farm, because the avatar demands "Wait, I'm busy" for far too long. Nothing is enjoyable or efficient lately, and what is worse is I have not seen anywhere an explanation for the recent deterioration in in-game performance, or any offer to investigate it.

Same thing here kataltay, I was harvesting and plowing for a friend today and had to go around that black sign that says "storing ......" it would not go away and was very difficult to harvest and plow around it... my avatar is busy all the time and even when i go to get facilities from others that saving, saving comes up and delays time from one facility to another, not mentioning the times it says that it could not retrieve some factory.... terrible, terrible... hope things get better because I am giving it a rest.

jcassemjr May 17 2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5158090)
Did you reset his router? That can help too with any time outs. And since you took the battery out so he could get a good nights rest his date and time could be off which can also cause this too.

Yep, his router was reset, and he's keeping great time. It appears to be something going around with all of the comments on the forum.... Hard to imagine he didn't catch it in FarmTown, since he's not the only avitar that appears to be sick....

lavanah May 17 2012 10:25 PM

I went to earn cash and bought the AARP to get the 90 credits. I looked on my facebook account and they don't show up. How to I get them?

Taz D May 17 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavanah (Post 5158554)
I went to earn cash and bought the AARP to get the 90 credits. I looked on my facebook account and they don't show up. How to I get them?

Go back to the offers and click on Help there. That will get you to a way to contact Trialpay.

maggiel29 May 18 2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 5157878)

I posted this when it wasnt in the Tea Shop Taz - before they fixed it but thanks for trying to help tho :)

maggiel29 May 18 2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5157898)
Speaking of tea...

hhmm

Oh Stoneface you crease me up .............................................:D:D

susiefry May 18 2012 08:18 AM

How often do they do updates? It looks like on average about every 3 weeks??? Im just so in need of more farms....lol Crossing fingers farm 15 in next update but if 3 weeks is right looks like we still got another week. Is them closing this thread another clue of an update coming?
Sorry been playing for a couple of years with some breaks here and there but never been to forom much.

HelenJS22 May 18 2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susiefry (Post 5158746)
How often do they do updates? It looks like on average about every 3 weeks??? Im just so in need of more farms....lol Crossing fingers farm 15 in next update but if 3 weeks is right looks like we still got another week. Is them closing this thread another clue of an update coming?
Sorry been playing for a couple of years with some breaks here and there but never been to forom much.

LOL - Closing this thread is the cue for StoneFace to begin a stream of corny jokes, and for various forum members to kidnap moderators and hold them to ransom until Raul gives us our update :D

Sometimes I think Raul holds off on the update because we manage to keep him amused on the forum.

Lately it has been about 3 weeks between updates, but we have learned not to hold our collective breath :eek:

StoneFace May 18 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5158754)
LOL - Closing this thread is the cue for StoneFace to begin a stream of corny jokes, and for various forum members to kidnap moderators and hold them to ransom until Raul gives us our update :D

Sometimes I think Raul holds off on the update because we manage to keep him amused on the forum.

Lately it has been about 3 weeks between updates, but we have learned not to hold our collective breath :eek:

Awww shucks!! Talking about me, huh.... just whisper sweet nothings in my ear.... and call me Colonel.

So, last night, two freshly harvested Farm Town corn cobs, were picked with the combine. They were best friends, , and later, after being delivered to market (and escaping), they were walking together down the street.

They stepped off the curb and a speeding FT taxi came around the corner and ran one of them over.

The uninjured corn cob called 911 and helped his injured friend as best he was able. The injured corn cob was taken to emergency at the newly built FT Hospital and rushed into surgery. After a long and agonizing wait, the doctor-avatar finally appeared.

He told the uninjured corn cob, "I have good news, and I have bad news. The good news is that your friend is going to pull through." "The bad news is that he's going to be a vegetable for the rest of his life".