Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Game Not loading/WebGL disabled/frequent crashes (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666)

marymarcel Oct 08 2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 6511910)
Goodness. I didn't know this part. I'm also a software developer and I had a similar thing happen to my app - one part of it was just deactivated with no warning. I really thought mine was my fault - that I had misinterpreted something I was supposed to do. But the company that shut me down actually called last night to apologize and tell me a glitch in their system had caused it. Wish FB would call Raul and apologize - AFTER they get us back up and running.

Hi Susan :)

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.

Moonchild624 Oct 08 2022 02:13 PM

Farmtown without FB?

Can we play this another way? Without FB?

marymarcel Oct 08 2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonchild624 (Post 6511918)
Can we play this another way? Without FB?

Hi Moonchild :)

No, Im sorry. Facebook is need to make friends and be able to interact with them in the game.

Moonchild624 Oct 08 2022 02:17 PM

I am posting complaints on FB

If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.

Taz D Oct 08 2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonchild624 (Post 6511926)
If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.

Hi Moonchild,
That will not help as the ones who see those complaints are not the ones involved in the security. You would be wasting your time.

Farmer_Susan Oct 08 2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6511914)
Hi Susan :)

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.

That is just SO not ok. Very bad business practices on the part of Facebook.

FF1976 Oct 08 2022 03:59 PM

It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.

Taz D Oct 08 2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF1976 (Post 6511942)
It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.

Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.

FF1976 Oct 08 2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6511946)
Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.

I'm being patient and I don't believe anything I might hear/see anywhere else. It;s not a matter of being enough, but there is an old saying: "the squeaking wheel gets the grease". That's why I think the developers shouldn't be as passive as they appear to be.

Taz D Oct 08 2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF1976 (Post 6511954)
I'm being patient and I don't believe anything I might hear/see anywhere else. It;s not a matter of being enough, but there is an old saying: "the squeaking wheel gets the grease". That's why I think the developers shouldn't be as passive as they appear to be.

Hi FF,
What would you like them to do? There is no contact phone number with Facebook for the developers of apps. They have to go through the processes on line that Facebook has set up for them. Again there is nothing else they can do. I am sure they have explored all avenues of trying to speed this process up, but in the end it requires Facebook to act.